How to make a master project

AndyDroid2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there an easy way to merge or include two or more sub-projects ? In particular the Designer panels.

For example I have modified the TabHost example and saved it and now I want to add the SQLExample as a page in the tabhost. I can open two copies of the IDE and flip between them to look at values and then flip over and create the panel from new. Copying the sourcecode is easy, but is there another way to do this?

In particular, say I eventually develop four or five modules, how do I include the modules as part of a large project like VB6 or VS ? I dont see any reference in the documentation to building an enterprise project where a revision could be made to just one module and then the master project re-compiled.

-------------------------------------------<Stupidity /OFF>

Duh - Make a Library ?

Didn't want to go there yet but I think I answered my question, Yes ?

Last edited:

AndyDroid2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, making a library is not what I want to do (yet).

What I want is to take the UserInterfaceButtonToolbox project to which I already added more data-entry fields in Page1

and then place the logic and scrollviews from SQLExample into Page2 and save the UserInterfaceButtonToolbox project as a merge of the two, purely as an exercise. When Page1 fields are filled in at runtime I want to jump to Page2 and perform some sort of search/update on the table.

I will be using my own hosted website and add the table(s) and PHP web service, connection strings like your MySQL sample which returns the populations of middle-eastern nations. Thats the easy part since I create large hosted websites, all database driven, on a regular basis.

What I am finding unwieldy is having two projects open with 6 screens (code,designer and abstract) and flipping between them to copy information, I am more used to VB6 importing forms from other projects and saving them in the new project.

But I don't see any Import menu option, so what do you guys do when you want to "steal" or merge projects together ? :BangHead:

Upvote 0

madSac

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think you should manually open layout xml files and then simply copy and paste the layout code.

Upvote 0