How to market Windows Mobile games

stevefan

Licensed User
Longtime User
After several years, beginning with PocketC and then switching to Basic4PPC, and many times starting over, I have a game almost ready.

It is 8K lines long (is that quite big? its only a simple game really though!)

I wrote it as a hobby, but would be very pleased to recoup a few euros for my time.

Where should I sell the game? Handango? How should I market the product?

I don't have experience with any other languages, but isnt the general mobile phone market much bigger. I don't want to spend any more years developing. Should I approach mobile developers with my game as an idea/concept?

Does anybody have any links to websites where I can research more about this?

Steve

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you think your game is good enougth to sell, try regestring as a developer in a mobile soft selling web site as pocket gear, and such...
I once e-mailled them, and according to the response that was all to it...

taximania

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is the game your own creation, or a PPC copy of a game already known ?

'Endemol' and such are not nice people to argue with.
Intelectual Copyright !!!

I coded a fully working, and very nice, PPC version of . . . .
SSHHhhhh I still have the code :sign0060:

D e a l O r N o D e a l

Hence my signature.

And I'm being serious :sign0148:

stevefan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Legal Stuff

Its a league based soccer managment game/simulation, with text based commentary.

From a legal standpoint, yes there are issues. I can't use real league, team or player names.

The safest thing might be to have a league based on International teams, England, France, Italy etc and then use random popular names.

All the names can be configured by the user, or maybe peer to peer shared on a forum.

What I'd prefer is to use real team names, and then alter a syllable in the player names. Ive seen this used by a well known PPC title. It seems to be a bit of a grey area, in practice.

If anyone knows more let me know.

I think my game has some unique features. The realism and depth of the text commentary is far better than those of any major title. Im practically resigned to only making a few quid, and then someone else making millions from the ideas. Ah well. At least I can say I invented it first.