Android Question How to open Encrypted SQLite database?

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I've successfully created a small test project with SQLCipher. Works fine.

I can open this database file on desktop with SQLiteDatabaseBrowserPortable.

I don't know how to open it on my Android. Unencrypted file created with SQL but not with SQLCipher I can open with aSQLiteManager app but now can't do it - the app says that this not a database file. I tried few others apps from play market with no success.

Any idea?

It helps me a lot while I'm creating my project and I need some app to view the encrypted database.

Thanks.

KZero

Licensed User
Longtime User
Check this

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Check this
Thank you for your replay.

I created my app based on this tutorial and it works fine.

My question is - how to open this database file by itself. Like, for example I can open it on desktop?

aSQLLiteManager or any other SQLite managers work only with non-encrypted files.

Upvote 0

Lucas Siqueira

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you mean to post an example of my database?

yes post an example of the database that you can open on your computer, and you cannot open on your android phone ...

I'll investigate why you can't ...

please send the access data as you are using encryption to protect the bank ...

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes post an example of the database that you can open on your computer, and you cannot open on your android phone ...

I'll investigate why you can't ...

please send the access data as you are using encryption to protect the bank ...
Here it is - password is tetris166. It doesn't have any records yet. Just a few tables.

Attachments

• test_p.zip
    28.1 KB · Views: 256
Upvote 0

KZero

Licensed User
Longtime User

I created my app based on this tutorial and it works fine.

My question is - how to open this database file by itself. Like, for example I can open it on desktop?

aSQLLiteManager or any other SQLite managers work only with non-encrypted files.
i think SQLiteStudio supports SQLCipher , try it https://sqlitestudio.pl

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
i think SQLiteStudio supports SQLCipher , try it https://sqlitestudio.pl

I found a tool for windows, now I need it for Android. Let say I sent my app for testing and it doesn't work as expected. I need to open a database right on a phone itself to see what inside. For example I connect to the tester over teamviewer, he runs PowerMirror on his phone that mirrors android screen to his computer and I see what is going on. So I need some app that opens encrypted database right on a phone. For un-encrpypted app I'm using aSQLite manager. But it doesn't work with encrypted files.

Upvote 0

KZero

Licensed User
Longtime User
you can easily create you own SQLCipher editor in B4A

check this samples (just use SQLCipher insteadof SQL, i think the rest of code will be the same)

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
you can easily create you own SQLCipher editor in B4A

check this samples (just use SQLCipher insteadof SQL, i think the rest of code will be the same)
Thanks, will check.

I thought that something already exists on Google Play Market.

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't know how to open it on my Android.

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User

I don't have any problem connecting to the database from my app. I need some database manager app like aSQLiteManager that can work with encrypted database to open it outside my app, run queries, etc.. I found one for desktop SQLiteDatabaseBrowserPortable but they don't have Android version.

Upvote 0