iOS Question How to Publish App to Apple Store

Falcon

Licensed User
Hi all Gurus/Experts,

I have just finished my app and it is the first time I want to publish to the Apple Store, please could someone advise me how I may do this?
Sorry for stupid question, but I am a newbie and still learning, so I would greatly appreciate the help! :)

I have compiled it with a Store profile and and Adhoc/Store certificate, and it compiled saying 'with store provision' and when I did 'Download last build' I got a 'Archive.zip' file.
What must I do with this? Please could you give the steps.

Thank you very much for your time in advance,

Regards,
Jacques.

Ertan

Licensed User
Please could you give the steps.
Hi, Jacques.

Screenshot_13.png

You will install the exact zip you downloaded here.

Screenshot_14.png

Password field;

https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage >
Screenshot_15.png

Create a password here and write that password in the B4i iTunes Connect Uploader " Password " section.

and press the Upload button. If there is no problem with your project, your project will be uploaded directly to App Store Connect.

Important information ; Before uploading your project to App Store Connect;

Screenshot_16.png

You need to create the Draft version of the application from App Store Connect.

If you get stuck somewhere you can search the forum or re-post here. I will help.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Falcon

Licensed User
Hi thank you very much Ertan!

Just a question, I have gone into the 'Apps +' section to create a draft version as you said.

What must I put in the 'Bundle ID' and 'SKU' fields?
See screenshot below:

Capture.GIF

Upvote 0

Ertan

Licensed User
Hi thank you very much Ertan!

Just a question, I have gone into the 'Apps +' section to create a draft version as you said.

What must I put in the 'Bundle ID' and 'SKU' fields?
See screenshot below:

View attachment 102929

Screenshot_17.png

You need to create an APP ID.

Screenshot_18.png

Screenshot_19.png

Bundle ID : You Project Package Name

and....

Select the Bundle ID from the New App Section.

SKU ; You Project Package Name (edk.myproject) [ I am writing this and they are all unique. ]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Falcon

Licensed User
Hi Ertan,

I just want to ask you a quick question.

I have gone through the process of adding my App to the App Store Connect and it now appears under the 'My Apps' section. If I click on it's name there I am taken to a screen with many textboxes and settings, such as 'Promotional text', 'Keywords' etc etc. Which of these fields must I fill in? I take it, once I have filled in all relevant fields, I must then click 'Submit for Review', is this correct?

Must this be done BEFORE I go to 'Upload App to itunes connect' in B4i?

Thank you again for all your help! As you have seen I created a tutorial to try and help others like myself also, by gathering knowledge from experts like yourself

:)

Regards,
Jacques.

Upvote 0

Ertan

Licensed User
Which of these fields must I fill in?
I must then click 'Submit for Review', is this correct?
You can actually see which fields need to be filled by clicking this button.
When you press this button, it will tell you which places to fill in red text.
Must this be done BEFORE I go to 'Upload App to itunes connect' in B4i?
No.

--------

Screenshot_20.png

In all areas "?" Press the sign to see what they do :)

My english is poor. I don't know your native language, but I'm sure you will understand it better than me.

Upvote 0

Ertan

Licensed User
Thank you again for all your help! As you have seen I created a tutorial to try and help others like myself also, by gathering knowledge from experts like yourself
It's truly admirable for you to guide what you've learned to help other people!
Never give up on this. It is really nice to help people teach them something. Not everyone in this forum learned about these issues in their mother's womb. :)

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have just finished my app and it is the first time I want to publish to the Apple Store, please could someone advise me how I may do this?

There is a pretty comprehensive guide in App Store Connect that steps you through the workflow of publishing an app. It doesn't cover what's required on the B4i side in regard to getting an app to the point where you're ready to upload it, but the process on the App Store Connect side is the same regardless of which development tool you use. If you log into your Apple Developer account, go to App Store Connect, then click on the ? at the top right of the screen, then "App Store Connect Resources" you'll see it. Or you can just use this link -> https://help.apple.com/app-store-connect/

- Colin.

Upvote 0

Falcon

Licensed User
Thanks a lot guys, I will see how far I get and will revert back to you if I get stuck!
I am just waiting for my client to fill in all the App Details in App Store Connect.

Upvote 0

Ebic

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi.
I am following this tutorial to submit my first app to the apple store.
As you can see from the photo I sent everything via b4i and all it's OK.
1606243710238.png

So in the Appstore I added my App but when I go to check it, it tells me
to select a build.
1606244126894.png

How should I proceed?
Why does it ask me to upload a build, how do I upload it?

IM becoming crazy.

thanks.

Upvote 0

Ertan

Licensed User
How should I proceed?
Why does it ask me to upload a build, how do I upload it?
Hello please I suggest you start a thread for another question. In this way, other users can find and access their problems directly.
I will help you as far as I know.
Screenshot_38.png

After installing with icloud, your app should appear in the Activity section.
Screenshot_39.png

Here you will wait for it to be processed for a while. (5-10 minutes maximum)

If it appears here and your application does not appear after a while, it means that your application does not accept apple due to a problem. Apple will send you an e-mail for this.
This email will also tell you what the problem is.

If there is no problem, you should select your application with a big blue button in the Build section.

Upvote 0