iOS Question How to publish apps with additional content on the store

Cadenzo

Licensed User
Longtime User
I already published some apps without problems in the app store, but this time I really got a difficult reviewer. Already three rejections because of metadata and not enough detailed explanations of microphone uses I could solve. But now I don't know what to do...

It is an music learning app for clarinet, where the user get some infos and can play small melodies, while the app controls the right tune.
I think the problem was a download button for more content (videos, more melodies, ...). Starting the download you have to input a personal code, because I wanted to test with my students at first. So I gave them (the appstore testers) a code for testing, they asked from where the users get the code and if they have to pay for it. I answered, that by now it is only a test with my students. But the app is already useful without codes and content downloads.

Now the rejection with the answer: "Your app appears to be a pre-release, test, or trial version with a limited feature set."

How to publish apps with additional content that you can not handle via app store?
What would you advice? Should I remove this download button or hide it, so that it only appears after solving the free lessons (which the tester will not do without clarinet)?

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
<JOKE> Instead of a hidden button, perhaps it could be triggered by microphone when your student plays notes: F A C A D E </JOKE>

1594474627035.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
On a vaguely-related topic but in the reverse direction: in a previous life, I did embedded programming for boxes that just had a flashing LED on the front to indicate they had power and were running. I quietly hijacked that LED to emit fault codes (in morse) when it detected various fault conditions. Our service technicians could walk up to a malfunctioning unit, place their hand on it for ten seconds, and then make pronouncements like "it's telling me the speed sensor has died". Lol.

Upvote 0

Cadenzo

Licensed User
Longtime User
I quietly hijacked that LED to emit fault codes
Nice, there is sometimes a second meaning behind the obviously one. I also like to do it. Some of my apps you can set in secret modes using the e-mail text field or playing a sequence in midi input.

I removed the download button by now (a bit) in my clarinet-app and hope that it will be accepted.

Upvote 0