Android Question How to set the B4XSeekBar vertical? (SOLVED!)

Cadenzo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Okay, I feel really stupid, but I can not find the orientation property in the B4XSeekbar! Want to set it vertically. I have XUI views 2.56. that's the newest, right? I was looking in the designer and also in code, methods of the object. There is Color1, Color2, Interval and everything, but not orientation.

Mariano Ismael Castro

Licensed User
Okay, I feel really stupid, but I can not find the orientation property in the B4XSeekbar! Want to set it vertically. I have XUI views 2.56. that's the newest, right? I was looking in the designer and also in code, methods of the object. There is Color1, Color2, Interval and everything, but not orientation.
Apparently that is done automatically, just give it a vertical shape in the designer
1693327564853.png

Upvote 1

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Wow, this I did not try
Have you also thought of the alternative to B4XSeekBar which is B4XPlusMinus where you can set the orientation to 'Vertical' and scroll vertically up and down too. The option that @Mariano Ismael Castro gave you is very good, but you still have to scroll horizontally. The fact that you asked about a vertical seekbar tells me that you want to go up and down instead of left/right

Upvote 0

Cadenzo

Licensed User
Longtime User
you still have to scroll horizontally.
If height > width the orientation is automatically set to vertical. You can scroll vertically. This is, what I needed, but I did not get the idea, because usually, in other views there is a "orientation" property. May be, it could be mentioned on the right place. I was thinking, that I have just an older version, lost time, going through additional and not additional libraries. But once you know it, the solution is perfect.

Upvote 0