B4J Question HTML builder for B4J project

Mostez

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have very little experience with HTML, I cannot write HTML code from scratch, is there free WYSIWYG software for windows to create HTML code for me? like legacy Microsoft Frontpage? I could not find download link for frontpage!

TIA

Heuristx

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have very little experience with HTML, I cannot write HTML code from scratch, is there free WYSIWYG software for windows to create HTML code for me? like legacy Microsoft Frontpage? I could not find download link for frontpage!

TIA

TIA

TIA
The best is Rocket Cake:

Upvote 0

Sifu

These tools do not write anything for you. The most you have to do by yourself. Frontpage is no longer maintained. (I used Adobe Golive years back)
I tried BlueGriffon, to me it sucks as an Editor, I can't work with that and it's nr 1 on the list...is really an editor?
Best is to use Notepad++ and write your stuff from scratch using https://www.w3schools.com/html/
You can search for HTML5Boilerplate and use that as your base template, it contains all the basic to start with an HTML website.

Even Google has a free HTML editor, but that is mainly to create Ads to implement in website. With a little effort you could write a complete homepage. It's a fantastic tool. And free.

For almost all your ideas you can find examples which you need to try. Then you learn it bit by bit.
Install Xampp on your PC also and use the developer tools in your browser on the way.

Upvote 0

Sifu

These tools do not write anything for you. The most you have to do by yourself. Frontpage is no longer maintained. (I used Adobe Golive years back)
I tried BlueGriffon, to me it sucks as an Editor, I can't work with that and it's nr 1 on the list...is really an editor?
Best is to use Notepad++ and write your stuff from scratch using https://www.w3schools.com/html/
You can search for HTML5Boilerplate and use that as your base template, it contains all the basic to start with an HTML website.

Even Google has a free HTML editor, but that is mainly to create Ads to implement in website. With a little effort you could write a complete homepage. It's a fantastic tool. And free.

For almost all your ideas you can find examples which you need to try. Then you learn it bit by bit.
Install Xampp on your PC also and use the developer tools in your browser on the way.
Sorry, I meant Seamonkey instead of BlueGriffon. I was confused.

Upvote 0

Dave G

Licensed User
My two cents. I spent the past several months looking at Vue.js, BANano, etc. I've been able to re-implement an application that I've done with Xamarin, NSbasic, and B4X for Android and iOS. I was able to re-implement it with BANano in a very short time with full functionality in a browser and it's B4X!

Upvote 0

Heuristx

Licensed User
Longtime User
BANano is worth looking into, if you need scripting. With BANano you can build a full program that runs in a web browser instead of the desktop or a phone. It is way beyond simple HTML building.

Upvote 0