HTML5, CSS3 Drag & Drop Builder

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
fyi... I went back from v5 to v4 after having a lot of issues with v5. It's far from backwarths compatible so a lot of v4 code won't work on it right.
There isn't much difference between v4 and v5.

Reference :

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
well it depends what you use of it.

the grid will probably be fine.

but copy for example a modal from v4 to v5 and it won't work.
differences in structure, classes & data-... stuff.

so changes are big that BS v4 'plug-ins' (for example an autocompletion plugin) won't work right aswell.

Indic Software

Licensed User
Saif,

Can you provide a sample output from your HTML5, CSS3 Drag & Drop Builder for both B4J and pure HTML?

And will you provide a Free trial version?

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have seen BANano before and let me tell you that it's amazing! Alain did a really great job but our approach is different, we will not use any special elements in the B4J it will only be JQueryElement
From what I've seen Saif's team made with the other WebApps they've released (excellent work!), I think this tool will probably be useful for BANano projects too. After all, one can grab any HTML component with BANano the same as one could with jQueryElement so I see no real problem why they could not work together.

B4X:
#if B4J
    ' Saifs code    
    Dim someanchor as JQueryElement
#else
   ' with BANano very similar, just needs an extra initialize
   Dim someanchor as BANanoElement
   someanchor.Initialize("#someanchor")
#End if

someanchor.SetHTML($"<div class="test">This is a test</div>"$)

I will have to wait to see what Saif generates as B4J code to be sure, and maybe some extra helper methods will be needed in BANano e.g. on how I can quickly convert/transpile some of the generated code to BANano compatible code. But I believe it to be possible as BANano covers 95% of what normal B4J core code can do.

A trick I could do if BANano transpiles jQueryElement, it can convert it to a BANanoElement and do this extra 'Initialize' automatically in the generated JavaScript (as the #id is also the name of the variable).

We'll see...

Alwaysbusy

Fifi Donkor

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have been waiting for a tool like this since the beginning of B4J. ABMaterial was good but only went halfway since it was not drag and drop. Hurry up and take my money

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm a newbie here. I would like to be a pro in programming. From where should I start? Can you please guide me a little. Thank you!
Hello Dear,

First of all welcome to the B4X Family and to the best development language.

I would suggest you start with the basics by visiting the below link :

and if you have any question please feel free to ask :)

Thank you,
Saif

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Greetings, @sfsameer
It has been a month since you last spoke of this tool. Any updates, please? When can we have it?
Hello,

It's not an easy thing to release a new service to the public without making sure it works as it's suppose to.
The plan was releasing it this month but we need to make sure the subscription model works correctly.
So we are still in the testing phase of this service.

Once it's ready we will announce it's release.

Thank you,
Saif