Android Question Huawei A-GPS screen off

koffie

Licensed User
Longtime User
Guys,
Since a few weeks i'm the owner of a HUAWEI P8 (EMUI 3.1)
Running a tracker app. made with B4A. Uses LocationAPI to fetch the geodata, sends the data to a B4J App on my server.
Works flawlessly on multiple phones. on the p8 though...

When the screen is OFF the (assisted)GPS position is waaayy off. several 100 metres.
The accuracy variable returned by the app is 699.99999 when the screen is OFF. When screen is ON (even lockscreen only...), the accuracy is near 20-30.

App is 'secured' (keeps the app alive in the Huawei) , performance is HIGH (batterysave is kind of off) so wifi and gps should stay on.

I tried the partiallock, i tried LocationRequest1.PRIORITY_HIGH_ACCURACY but to no avail.

I am almost sure it has something to do with the F@$#% HUAWEI EMUI, but I hope some of you know what's going on and what I can do about it...

Thanks

koffie

Licensed User
Longtime User
You don't have to use Huawei EMUI. Download Nova launcher and see if it makes a difference.
With the EMUI.... i actually meant the HUAWEI customizations/adaptations of the original Android OS. Would changing a UI actually change something in the behavior of apps ??

Upvote 0

charlesg

Licensed User
Longtime User
You're right I am sure. I can't see how the UI would affect the GPS. Conversely I can't see why Huawei would mess with Android GPS routines. Strangely, I have had GPS errors on Huawei Y330 when stationary or at low speed. Re-aligns as you gather speed. Haven't had this on P8 Lite but it is early days.

Upvote 0