B4J Question [Hummmm.... Never mind!] [ABMaterial] Grid Width differences....

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I'm having a very hard time trying to understand why, and how to fix, this Grid Width difference.

The Code below gives "birth" to the Image below it.
The 2 bellow grid Lines are the default page ones.
I just can't figure why my grid is not occupying the full width.?

B4X:
    RealNavigationBar.Initialize(page, "realnavigationbar", "RealNavigationBarTheme")
    RealNavigationBar.AddRowsM(1,True,0,0,"").AddCellsOS(1,0,0,0,3,3,3,"").AddCellsOS(1,0,0,0,1,1,1,"").AddCellsOS(4,0,0,0,2,2,2,"")
    RealNavigationBar.AddRowsM(1,True,20,0, "").AddCells12MP(1,0,0,0,0,"")
    RealNavigationBar.BuildGrid ' IMPORTANT!

RealNavigationBar.SetFixedWidth("100%")
    RealNavigationBar.SetFixedPosition("0px","0px","0px","")
    RealNavigationBar.SetFixedHeight("90px")
    RealNavigationBar.SetExtraStyle("z-index: 1000") 'This to make sure it goes OVER the FakeNavigationBar
    page.AddFloatingContainer(RealNavigationBar, ABM.FLOATING_FROMTOP, "0px")
1615728976521.png

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Harris, believe me, if it was that simple... I wouldn't have posted...

And to make things worse... This is like my n version/attempt at this webapp, and at n-4 or n-5, I had no issue like this one...
I even tried to copy the related code from n-5 to this one, but its the same result

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you are speaking of the Navigation bar (top menu), I have not found a way to make it full screen width - it always wants to center in page...
Thanks

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
its not a Navigationbar, but a floatingcontainer... the thing that is driving me crazy is, I had this working before! I guess I'll just srtart over.... (I had stripped quite a bit off ABMApplication code, maybe I deleted something I shouldn't)

Upvote 0

Harris

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
(I had stripped quite a bit off ABMApplication code, maybe I deleted something I shouldn't)
Shame on you... lol.
This is a magic module, where I would only comment out - and add to until I was sure my stupidity didn't affect anything.

For example, Page.pause stopped working (no spinning circles when I wanted it to).
One line of code introduced here Killed it. Fought with it for weeks.
Commented out the offensive line and it all worked as usual...

Strange beans indeed.... Good luck moving forward.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just restarted the project from a blank template.
Added the NavigationBar and the floating container... its just the same.
The floating container grid is shorter than the page grid.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you mail me the .bas file (zipped) [email protected]? I'll have a look. As you use multiple layers of containers, the '80% of the width' rule may be at any level.
I will later today...
I even re-started over, and only added the Navigationbar and the floating container, adding a simple grid to it...

I recall once having some sort of misbehavior on another ABMATERIAL project and later found out it be due to a corrupted template...(as in something went wrong while saving/deploying).

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I swear, sometimes I just don't even know what I am doing... wrong or right!

I just re-stripped down a Template, deleting all Comments, and subs I don't really use, and other NON-ESSENCIAL things...
And added a new page, added a container to that page, built a Grid .... and added the container to the floatingcontainer....

And now I have full width again!
There are strange things going on in the IO world!!!!

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe it is just some cache problem.

It shouldn't be.... unless it caches pages across diferent deployemnts... I mean...

When I first got the issue, I just started over, copying the necessary code from one app to the other, and making sure that neither the Theme Names and even some control names were the same. when deployed, the changes were visible, like the usual "forgot to change that" that rendered the page different...
But the width stayed the same (shorter one)...

Upvote 0