I am now a VR convert

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been reading about VR for ages, and getting excited about the work Oculus are doing with headsets and the new samsung note 4 phone having vr support. I just tried the DK1 headset yesterday at a computer museum near me and now am totally sold on VR being the future.

I'm planning to upgrade to the Note 4 phone in the next few months and get the gear VR headset adaptor. I'd love to be able to use Basic4Android with an opengl library and a wrapper for the mobile vr sdk oculus have just released, but have no idea how to do this, so may be forced to use unity instead.

I'll also hopefully be able to get a PC upgrade and the consumer VR headset for that in a bout a year!

Can't wait!!! The future is here!

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Andy
Referring to voice response or virtual reality?

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry, Virtual Reality. It's come a long way since I tried it in the mid 90's. Now there's no delay at all when you turn your head, and everything looks full 3D and very realistic. It's going to sweep the world soon. Anyone that tries it can see that normal games and experiences are going to change for ever.

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry, Virtual Reality. It's come a long way since I tried it in the mid 90's. Now there's no delay at all when you turn your head, and everything looks full 3D and very realistic. It's going to sweep the world soon. Anyone that tries it can see that normal games and experiences are going to change for ever.

The next logical step after this version is Full Immersion Virtual Reality, implemented with nanotechnology. FutureTimeline.net 's "2039" page describes this perfectly.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Thank you Andy,
Any b4a library in the horizon?