Android Question I urgently need someone to do a paid wrapping of a Printer and Card Reader jar

Kevin Hartin

Licensed User
I really want to use an integrated Android solution that can print receipts as well as read a smartcard for security credentials for a simple POS app that is needed here in Samoa (and Fiji) for small shops and other such businesses.

I have a sample from Telpo, which looks like OK hardware and is a perfect form factor for this app. When I look at their supplied SDK I see some JAR files, as well as a demo Android App source, however I have no idea how I can go about packaging these libraries so I can use them in B4A.

Is there anybody out there that is willing to have a look and provide a quote to wrap these bits into something that will get the receipt printer and card reader working in B4A?

Once done, I am happy to make this available free of charge to all B4A developers wanting to use this hardware.

The SDK can be downloaded at https://bookingsamoa.com/downloads/kev/TelpoDemoSDK(20201209).zip

and the Documentation is at https://bookingsamoa.com/downloads/kev/Telpo_POS_Development_Guide_V1.08(20180530).pdf

Thanks in advance,
Kev
TPS320.png

Kevin Hartin

Licensed User
you want to package everything in B4A code, using the telpo API:
View attachment 119176

View attachment 119175
As I understand, the Telpo API has all the possible fuctionality for the device option such as; RFID, NFC, Barcode Scanner, etc. All I need is the Printer and SmartCard Reader part of the API.

If we can start with that, it may be worthwhile adding in the additional functionality at a later date. Like I said, we are prepared to pay for the development and will make it freely available to all B4A developers.

We are trying to pull together a solution that will hit a $US200 price point at Retail so that it will be well supported as an integrated solution for small business here in the islands.

Upvote 0

TILogistic

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As I understand, the Telpo API has all the possible fuctionality for the device option such as; RFID, NFC, Barcode Scanner, etc. All I need is the Printer and SmartCard Reader part of the API.

If we can start with that, it may be worthwhile adding in the additional functionality at a later date. Like I said, we are prepared to pay for the development and will make it freely available to all B4A developers.

We are trying to pull together a solution that will hit a $US200 price point at Retail so that it will be well supported as an integrated solution for small business here in the islands.
I have packed several brands of portable printers. How long do you estimate for this project?

Upvote 0

Kevin Hartin

Licensed User
I have packed several brands of portable printers. How long do you estimate for this project?
I am not following.... I am looking for someone to do this, so the question would be how long for you to do it?

I say urgently, as I could use this right now, but my critical timeline is 3-4 week out.

Upvote 0

Adonis90

I really want to use an integrated Android solution that can print receipts as well as read a smartcard for security credentials for a simple POS app that is needed here in Samoa (and Fiji) for small shops and other such businesses.

I have a sample from Telpo, which looks like OK hardware and is a perfect form factor for this app. When I look at their supplied SDK I see some JAR files, as well as a demo Android App source, however I have no idea how I can go about packaging these libraries so I can use them in B4A.

Is there anybody out there that is willing to have a look and provide a quote to wrap these bits into something that will get the receipt printer and card reader working in B4A?

Once done, I am happy to make this available free of charge to all B4A developers wanting to use this hardware.

The SDK can be downloaded at https://bookingsamoa.com/downloads/kev/TelpoDemoSDK(20201209).zip

and the Documentation is at https://bookingsamoa.com/downloads/kev/Telpo_POS_Development_Guide_V1.08(20180530).pdf

Thanks in advance,
Kev
View attachment 119167
I just came across your request although it is from 2021. But the SDK and documentation are not available.
We are ready to develop the solution in 2 weeks.

Upvote 0