Bug? IDE highlight color makes data hard to read

ajk

Licensed User
Longtime User
As in ide.png: blue highlight makes text (black) almost not-visible. This blue highlight is ok in code window - code is inverted when highlighted.
Is it possible to change this deep-blue color?

Attachments

• ide.PNG
    ide.PNG
    4 KB · Views: 229

ajk

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think so, but I use xp, and it seems to be supported till April 2014

Solution (maybe anyone else use XP?)
Highlight color can be changed in system settings (desktop>right click> screen prop> advanced > selected color - sth. like this - I use non-English version of XP)
Now it looks like Windows 7

Attachments

• id2.PNG
    id2.PNG
    3.5 KB · Views: 211

David S

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am running Windows 7 using the Windows Classic theme and I am having the same problem. :(

I can't read the values displayed in the Watch Expressions area when running a program because of black text on a dark blue background. The text should be invert to white.

B4A Highlighted Watch Expression Unreadable.png

Of course in this example I could move to another expression to read this value. I just wanted to show how unreadable it was. I can't find a way to change this in any of the Color Editors.

This is not a problem in the Aero or Windows 7 Basic themes. But it's bit of a inconvenience having to switch themes every time I want to debug a B4A application. Maybe this could be a added parameter to the allowed color changes? Sounds like its more trouble than it worth.

Last edited:

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Window 7 : it all depends on the selected theme but -
Control panel -> Display -> personalization (down left) -> window color slate -> advanced appearance settings -> item -> selected item : change the color.
The color should be something not too dark and not too bright , to show both white and black text colors.

David S

Licensed User
Longtime User
Window 7 : it all depends on the selected theme but -
Control panel -> Display -> personalization (down left) -> window color slate -> advanced appearance settings -> item -> selected item : change the color.
The color should be something not too dark and not too bright , to show both white and black text colors.

Thanks Derez for your reply. You are right. I was running the Windows Classic theme which I prefer. I have just tried Aero and Windows 7 Basic themes and they work just fine.

I have edited my entry to reflect this.

Thanks!