Incorporate ChatGPT into the "Questions" forum as an autobot?

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If this forum could be configured to send all new "Question" posts to ChatGPT and have it's response be the first reply, I wonder how often it will post a helpful reply?

cklester

Licensed User
If this forum could be configured to send all new "Question" posts to ChatGPT and have it's response be the first reply, I wonder how often it will post a helpful reply?

I would bet 100% of the time. My definition of "helpful" is somewhat liberal. If you wanted "exact code to incorporate into production source," I would lower my estimation to probably 95%. šŸ˜

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tried chat GPT with varying results - has not helped me today .
Varies much on the context of the query.
It failed when I asked about my age. It shined when I asked C# code to make a server port listening example.

JackKirk

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't think that would be hard at all - possibly the only stumbling block would be that Erel would have to set up an OpenAI account and pay real money for all the tokens used.

It would possibly quickly become abused too?

Maybe a better approach would be to start a forum topic with suggestions (and successful examples?) of how to use ChatGPT to answer B4X queries?

Or maybe a whole B4X ChatGPT forum?

epiCode

Licensed User
Agree. The way ChatGPT explains each part of a code, it will help begineers a lot.
ChatGPT hallucinates a lot too.
It sometimes gives code with:
a. Methods and libraries which are non existent ( when asked for source it might even give source links which look very authentic but are non existent )
b. Functions/Methods which are from another language ( it may insert code which is java, vbnet, lua and swift)
c. Sub parameters which have either more or less elements than actual
d. sub parameter ordering is different from actual
e. usage which is not correct ( like the use of NOT operator or using ElseIF together )

It seems to learn but continues to make same mistakes repeatedly.

So in a very practical sense, it would make more sense for seasoned programmers who can spot and correct such issues than beginners who will be scratching their head a lot more with it.

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well the wish here is to add another option of answering query of new members.
ChatGPT may not be correct always, and we all have found that many time, but same goes to human members too.
The advantage of having AI is that the new member do not have to wait for someone to answer but will get some response quickly, to get the idea, hint of the solution.
Members are still there to answer when the query is put in question forum.

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the new member do not have to wait for someone to answer
So, the AI could work only as a more smart search engine than forum's search engine, ... if it would not mystify sometimes

Last edited:

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
IMHO, it would be better several links for all needed aspects, than pseudo-B4X-code.
Elders have said, An image speaks thousands words, let me try that

firefox_P2Z8vznJbX.png

The wish is to add ChatGPT like query option and not remove the existing ones.
If a member clicks on the ChatGPT icon (please note it may be copyrighted so the image and name can be different) the he/she will get the chat like option for the query.

epiCode

Licensed User
@AnandGupta Why not use chatgpt itself or Bing (which is free) ?