InLineJava snippets...

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys

Erel gave us (some of us), the ability of adding In Line Java code to simplify native calls... I think...

It would be of great help to have at least a sticky with some "common usage" examples so that people like me, to whom JAVA is just evidence of extra terrestrial intelligence, can take a small degree advantage of it...

For simplicity of usage it should be simple call to execute very objective things...

What do you JAVA aliens... I mean... Gurus, think???

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think its a can of worms.
If you are adding code that you cannot understand then you are taking a lot of risk.
Its better to learn java than copy pasting snippets.

Now Erel will have to spend time on both explaining B4A code and Java code?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think its a can of worms.
If you are adding code that you cannot understand then you are taking a lot of risk.
Its better to learn java than copy pasting snippets.

Now Erel will have to spend time on both explaining B4A code and Java code?
I do agree with the worms... Still there are some general use JAVA snippets that can be used without risk in substitution of using reflection... at least it's how I understand it...

I never did implied that support would be Erel's responsability...
each snippet should come with a brief description of what it's meant to do and it's publisher should be responsible for the support.
A bit like the languages sub forums...

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think what I'm trying to get to is, there are lots of JAVA code samples that you guys, the lib developers, use as base for creating those libs... some of these samples can/could be used as stand alone snippets allowing us getting/setting some forgotten property unaccessible within b4x products without using reflection and/or javaobject...

hummm, any clearer now?