Android Question Installation and working of Base app for new user to rapid build app

sivakrith

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I'm new to B4A. Just learning this. After finishing B4X Getting Started Booklet, I found this thread

I downloaded < with Firebase option> , copied it to a folder, opened it.

1. added required libraries < anything missing? >
1599900423327.png

2. Modified these lines, by removing one parameter < before the last one>
clvmenu.Add(CreateListItem("home.png","Home",False, clvmenu.AsView.Width, 50dip), "Home")
clvmenu.Add(CreateListItem("search.png","Search",False, clvmenu.AsView.Width, 50dip), "Search")
clvmenu.Add(CreateListItem("","",True, clvmenu.AsView.Width, 50dip), "")
clvmenu.Add(CreateListItem("review.png","Rate",False, clvmenu.AsView.Width, 50dip), "Rate")
clvmenu.Add(CreateListItem("play-store.png","More Apps",False, clvmenu.AsView.Width, 50dip), "More Apps")
clvmenu.Add(CreateListItem("","",True, clvmenu.AsView.Width, 50dip), "")
clvmenu.Add(CreateListItem("logout.png","Exit",False, clvmenu.AsView.Width, 50dip), "Exit")

3. Added : in Sub Process_Globals
Private xui As XUI

4. Modified the line, by commenting
'Msgbox("This app needs write data to your phone. Without this permission, this app cant work! Please 'Allow' to continue","Allow app to save file")
To
xui.MsgboxAsync("This app needs write data to your phone. Without this permission, this app cant work! Please 'Allow' to continue","Allow app to save file")

5. Created and downloaded google-services.json

6. Modified Build configurations to match the package name as done in google-services

7. Modified the android targetSDKVersion to 28 <not sure whether this is a must >

Result: No error shown but the app crashes in the mobile <debug mode>

What could be the reason ?

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash

Note: Since the thread says it's old, I'm starting a new thread.

sivakrith

Licensed User
Longtime User
The device is connected. < checked by running other apps >
When I run <F5>, IDE connects, copy, installs the apps. It asks for Open finally. When I click Open, it just closes, with NO LOG messages.
When I try to run the apps from mobile, <ICON appears in mobile>, I get the following message.

base_app_demo keeps stopping
App Info
Close app

Again no messages in the LOG. Just blank. Still the device is connected <B4A-Bridge is running and the status shows connected, both in IDE as well as in device>

Upvote 0

sivakrith

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I tried with that app <without Firebase option>, I get the following error message in log screen.

Error occurred on line 71 (Main)
java.lang.RuntimeExecption: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: b4a.example.baseapp.customlistview
at anywheresoftware.b4a.keywords.LayoutBuilder.loadLayout(LayoutBuilder.java:170)

This is the line
lftMenu.LoadLayout("Left")

Will it be useful in diagnosing the error ?

Upvote 0

sivakrith

Licensed User
Longtime User
Something with SlidingMenu ?

Private sm As SlidingMenu

May be some issues in installing that particular library ? I think I've installed the latest one. Hope it will work fine with B4A 10.

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
Longtime User
slider menu use this:

Upvote 0