B4J Question Introducing myself and VB6 List Question

LenS

Good Morning!

Although I have programming experience this is my first foray into b4x which I just recently discovered and appears to offer a lot of potential. Years ago (I am now retired) I did a lot of work with Visual Basic primarily due to the ease of designing GUIs. B4J seems to meet that criteria splendidly and I am looking forward to familiarizing myself with it. I have discovered though, that finding specific information is not easy, especially introductory information about the various "Views" (yes, I have perused the guides and watched several of the videos).

I am currently helping a friend who is a dog breeder in converting a program which was originally written in VB6. I have duplicated the layout of the original VB6 program as shown below.

What I can't seem to figure out is how to be able to highlight an entry in either of the two lists and either move the item's position up or down within the list or access the item's data so that it may be edited/modified. Perhaps I need to use something other than a Custom View List? I don't think I'll have problems with the code (fingers crossed) but I can't seem to get past the select/highlight/access-item-data issue which would have been very straightforward in the old VB6.

Any suggestions would be most welcome as well as any sources of general information on B4J. The software looks great and I am looking forward to experimenting with it.

Thanks very much in advance and a Happy Thanksgiving for those of you who celebrate it!

Len

Capture.GIF
Capture2.GIF

Heuristx

Licensed User
Longtime User

Upvote 0