Is Basic4ppc going to stop working?

MAGAREY

Licensed User
Longtime User
With all the new Basic4Android, java, IOS features i wanted to know if you are going to keep basic4ppc alive, i cant find documentation about some questions i have, and the page doesnt seem to promotionate b4ppc as well as the others. Will basic4ppc gonna have an update? i know my questions sound kind of rude but i just wanted to ask, have a nice day!

Kintara

Licensed User
Longtime User
The good thing is it still works with Desktop Windows (Currently using it with Windows 7 Enterprise).
Kintara

smishra

Licensed User
Longtime User
Basic4ppc is no longer updated. However it is still working (there are no new versions of Windows Mobile since 2009).
Can I still buy it? I have a client who is running Windows CE on an embedded device. Since I am familiar with B4A and like it, I would like to see if I can use the Windows Mobile edition too.

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel. I will see if the project materializes.
I've done quite a bit of programming with B4PPC, it's quite a bit different than B4A (in my opinion it was easier because you don't need to worry about activity life cycles, it's very much like VB). Most of the Apps I programmed used the serial port and captured data before formatting and storing or printing etc. In my opinion it's very good and easier to pick up than VB.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…