Is this still a PDA??

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
GeoTrail,

This ones for you mate. I've checked out the Dell website and it doesn't appear to be listed any longer. I remember you asked me about the VGA adaptor just before purchasing yours.

jacket4.jpg

What do you think to this?

Regards,
RandomCoder

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I just gotta ask!!!

Does it make coffee? How silent is the system's fan?

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was thinking more along the line of, does it still fit in your pocket :sign0105:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess it depends on the throusers size you wear....In mine it would fit but in michael jordan's it would get lost a long with the key chain...

GeoTrail

Licensed User
Longtime User
GeoTrail,

This ones for you mate. I've checked out the Dell website and it doesn't appear to be listed any longer. I remember you asked me about the VGA adaptor just before purchasing yours.

jacket4.jpg

What do you think to this?

Regards,
RandomCoder

Man, that thing is HUGE!
But looks cool to me. Looks like it has USB connections. What are those for?

Btw, I've read on other forums that they are mad because Dell has dropped the Axim, but on Dell.no it is still available for sale, allthough, they have removed the cheap X51 with 400 MHz CPU, but the 624 MHz versions, with and without GPS are still there.

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had read something similar about six months ago but it seems to be a common trend that PDA's are being phased out, replaced by smartphones and UMPC's :sign0135:

Anyway, for all your Axim gossip, check out this site http://www.aximsite.com/ it's got loads of useful advice.

Regards,
RandomCoder

WZSun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Remote Control Display for CE

Hi,
If the purpose is to display your PPC program to a projector or monitor, you can simple download a freeware utility (CERHOST) that is from Microsoft. Basically you connect your PPC PDA to a desktop/notebook like what you'd normally do for a normal ActiveSync comnection. Run the CERHOST on your PDA and the one on your PC.. and voila.. once it's connected, what you see is what you get. You can also use your mouse to click/navigate your PPC program from the PC.

I have a Dell AXim x51v.. and I was looking for the VGA adapter. However, I have had bad experience with hardware gadgets previously while using a Palm/Margi combo.. the problem is the video projector.. it doesn't sync properly. So, I bough a s/w alternative and has been using it for present my Palm software. I then search and found a similar tool for PPC as well. I almost wanted to purchase some of the shareware tools but came upon a link to Microsoft site.. more like Power Toys for CE. Yes, there are some shareware versions.. but with the Microsoft's "Remote Control Display for CE' tool as it's called, it works.. and it's free.

Hope that helps!

Rgds
WZSun

Last edited:

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Too bad it doesn't work on Vista

GeoTrail you do surprise me, I thought that someone as clued up as you wouldn't have been drawn into Microsoft's lastest gimick code named Vista:sign0151:

It may look very nice but I much prefer to have something thats functional at the end of the day.

I can feel a Vista debate about to happen:sign0085:

Regards,
RandomCoder.

GeoTrail

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hehehe say that again:sign0060:
I've been a beta tester for Vista for a long time, also for XP since 2000, now I'm running dualboot with Vista and Ubuntu 7.04. So I have all the tools I need to get the job done ;)

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm very surprised there aren't anymore forumites up for a bit of Vista bashing :sign0163:

Regards,
RandomCoder :cool:

Peter

Licensed User
I'm very surprised there aren't anymore forumites up for a bit of Vista bashing :sign0163:

I'm not surprised at all. Why, it's more surprising someone (you) even took the effort to bash vista. Vista does the best vista bashing possible, so why bother? :sign0151:

Peter

Last edited:

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Very impressive setup. It doesn't have to fit in a pocket since it would be used at home or in an office. How much is the whole thing?

Let's change directions, is anyone aware of an adaptor which accepts composite video signals and displays video on a Pocket PC?