Issue: Nexus 7 Designer

JonBushey

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using V2.3 and having an awful time with Designer. I am trying to make an app for my Nexus 7 and it seems to be working but when I run the app it goes completely nuts. I have created the screen several times and nothing seems to get it to work. BTW, I would like to use a layout of 800x1200 but that does not work. For some reason I must use 600x1000. I even used Designer on the Nexus to create the screen and looked fine then but it is still all messed up when I run the app. I have three screen shots that I took all at the same time. Notice how Abstract Designer shows the layout properly but the Nexus does not. The other screen shot is from the Cloud of a Galaxy 10" which I am not using but it looks better then the Nexus 7 I am using. This tooo strange for me.

Can somebody help me?

Attachments

• Abstract.PNG
    Abstract.PNG
    50.9 KB · Views: 240
  • CloudGalaxy10.PNG
    CloudGalaxy10.PNG
    30.4 KB · Views: 208
  • Nexus7.PNG
    Nexus7.PNG
    35.3 KB · Views: 245

Stulish

Licensed User
Longtime User
My nexus 7 reports

Width: 800
Height: 1205
Scale: 1.33

using:

B4X:
GetDeviceLayoutValues.Width 
GetDeviceLayoutValues.Height 
GetDeviceLayoutValues.Scale

Upvote 0

JonBushey

Licensed User
Longtime User
My nexus 7 reports

Width: 800
Height: 1205
Scale: 1.33

using:

B4X:
GetDeviceLayoutValues.Width 
GetDeviceLayoutValues.Height 
GetDeviceLayoutValues.Scale

Yes. I know what the specs are for the Nexus 7. The issue is that Designer will not accept the scale. Attached is message I get. And even if I force the scale of 1.33, it does not work.

Perhaps I am not communicating what I a trying to do. I am creating an app for the Nexus 7. I do not want it to run on any other device - ever. I do not want to adjust the screen or the controls. In fact, my app is locked to portrait and I need to use every single pixel on the screen. So it is very important that the app look the same in Designer as it does when it runs on the Nexus 7. Currently, the app looks fine in Abstract Designer, in Designer, and in Designer on the Nexus 7. The issue is when I run the app on the Nexus 7, the layout is nothing like what it should be.

Is anybody else doing dedicated Nexus 7 development?

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    22 KB · Views: 204
Upvote 0

JonBushey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, now I have messed it up. I thought maybe the .bal file was corrupt so I started designing another. But now the app will not load the new .bal or any screen for that matter. I get an error when the app is run that the .bal file cannot be found.

I did follow your instructions and I replied Yes to the scale message but it gave me 601x906, which does not seem correct to me but I created another layout and while on the Nexus in Designer, it looked good to me. I do want all 800 pixels though.

So I have attached the complete folder including the two bal files. Please remove the zip file from this forum after you get it.

Thanks for looking at this!

Upvote 0

JonBushey

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think I figured it out. Our corp standard requires all controls be placed on panels and I noticed somebody else was having issues with panels so I started this project over (again) and this time did not use any panels. Now it is working.

Upvote 0

Stulish

Licensed User
Longtime User
i am developing an app on the Nexus 7 and use panels (for sliding panels), and they all work fine. I started creating the app on my Samsung S3 and have moved it to the Nexus 7 with no formating problems, so i am unsure why you have had problems

Regards

Upvote 0

JonBushey

Licensed User
Longtime User
:sign0013:
You are correct, I was wrong. I added back the panels and it still works. So I am not sure what was going on.

Thanks for your assistance!

Upvote 0