Java error line 306

parijs

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi one of my app give a Java error line 306.

I found this on the net

Line 306: The hierarchy of the type ContiguousSetTailsetGenerator is inconsistent

But I do not understand what it means

:sign0163:

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you generated it with debug and run it again - then you should get a more friendly, B4A error message and it will indicate the actual line within B4A that is throwing the error. You could potentially also check the logs as well, to see what's being output, if you run it in trace you could step through it..

Upvote 0

parijs

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks EPS

But I have not the error myself
App sold hundreds of times without error
But now there is a customer who get this error
For all other works perfectly

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ah right, you didn't mention that in the OP...

Okay.. This is a tough one. You need to work out the Device and Android version. Are they running a stock ROM, if not, then tough (mostly).

Then find out exactly what they did to produce the error and can they reproduce it?

You could possibly supply the User with a debug version of the App, so that they could try and replicate it with more debug on the App. Your call of course.

Have you looked and looked at the code, to try and see if you can pinpoint the precise location and then work out if there is some possible slim reason for the error being thrown and try and code it out.

Of course if it's only one User, then possibly leave it...? vs. thousands or more. In the error info. is there any extra info. offered?

Upvote 0

parijs

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi EPS,

I was under the impression that error was something specific
The customer is a lady and just a user.
The strange thing is she buy app a and app b
Both apps are exactly the same except for the start tag, the names in the spinner and the dbase
a works good and b give the error
I'm try to help somebody, but it's hard when you only get error 306 and for all other works well.
Unfortunately I can not help her

Thanks for your input

Upvote 0