Share My Creation JG eUmYum

eUmYum.jpg
What's eUmYum ?

Basically it's a "magic button" to call my teenagers when it's lunch time :)

Well...Yet another ESP8266 magic button ???

Yes but quite new concept :)

What's new is the power saving function. If you know a little about ESP8266 then you should know that even in "DeepSleep mode" it drains quite a lot on the battery.
I have thus decided to cut the bat with a P-Mosfet so that when "Off" it is really "Off".

What's new also is the usage of Google Cloud Messaging to send notifications everywhere in the world to any device registered to this button.

The configuration is done on the phone and sent to the device. So the phone connects to GCM, sends the projectID, gets the device ID, sends it to the button. Then when connecting the button will send the Project key + list of registered smarphones (device ID) + the message itself

The integration into the button is done without damaging the case (3 leds button on ebay)
Then the ESP8266 and the PCB are trimed in order to fit into the triangle left place. That's it

opened.jpg

Ok no more chat, see the video;)

Last edited:

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great piece of hardware mixed with B4A, congrats, did you used B4R, for the ESP8266? ;=)

Patrick

Last edited:

freedom2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Patrick :)

No it's directly programmed in "sketch" with arduino IDE. I enjoy C like code :confused:

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great idea!! I need something similar for my sons !

Hope Erel will receive the ESP8266 soon to make an B4X full solution !

freedom2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
There are "a lot " of libraries into my ESP8266 code. Don't know if it will be easy to port them..

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Brilliant!! I see many uses for it, also as a panic button (just changing the smiley picture for this :eek:) and others

freedom2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
Brilliant!! I see many uses for it, also as a panic button (just changing the smiley picture for this :eek:) and others

My first wish was to use it as a panic button. But it's a little to big to carry it with you.
That's why I made the other app (JG iTag Alarm).

But you are right it can be used with a lot possibilities. I can also easily connect it to any http API such as IFTT, pushbullet, MQTT and more.

freedom2000

Licensed User
Longtime User
@jordi,

I have just ordered a 4L44 6V battery. It is small enough to have an almost nice "panic button".
I will check if the max current drained by the eUmYum is compatible with this battery.
If yes, I could do a nice wooden casing to have an old lady necklace "panic button"

4LR44-battery-open-closed.jpg