Here is my latest App : download it here
With "PowerPoint Mouse Controller" you get a fully functional mouse to control your PC and a remote control for your PowerPoint presentations. Absolutely no limitation in this app !
Mouse behavior :
- a normal “touchpad” plus the three classical mouse buttons
- Click, double click, middle button and even left drag and drop (long click) work.
- Long click on right button to use the text edit function to enter/send text to the PC
PowerPoint behavior :
- open a powerpoint document (on the PC or with the remote mouse).
- Long press on the middle button of the remote mouse and the slideshow starts. Long press again to stop it.
- change slides with buttons or +- volume switch or swipe on the touchpad
- you can see the slides in real time on the smartphone
- you can see the notes of each slide
- if you long press the right button then you can select “swipe mode”, “pointer mode” or “pen mode”
- with “pointer mode” the mouse pointer is active and you can use it to select any hyperlink into the slideshow
- with “pen mode” you simply can annotate your slideshow
- in "Swipe mode"
- swipe up/down : switch between ; Slide only, Slide + Notes, Notes only
- right border : increase/decrease the text font of the notes
- you can jump on any slide you want
How to connect :
Both the PC and the Android device must be on the same wifi network (or connected via bluetooth).
It can be one of these three configurations :
- A local network on which both the PC and the Android are connected
- The Android acting as a wifi hotspot on which the PC connects
- The PC acting as a wifi hotspot on which the Android connects
In any case the firewall must allow the application flux. If not, it won’t work !
The connection is fully automatic (no IP address to write). Launch the PC App first, then launch the Android App and, provided the firewall is OK, the connection immediately starts.
If not, try to push the “Try Ping connection” button on the PC app. It launches a Ping scan and may find your phone automatically.
Finally in case of strong security, you can connect manually
Where is the PC executable :
The PowerPointMouse_PCserver.exe file is directly embedded into the Android App. If you press the menu button then a mail (or google drive sending) will be proposed to you containing the .exe for the PC server.
No installation is needed. It is as simple as detaching the file, dropping it on your hard drive and double clicking to lauch it.
This exe has been tested on XP32bits, seven 32bits, seven 64bits and eight 64 bits
If you do not receive the mail (because blocked by security policies), then the .exe is also copied into the App default directory : android/data/fr.julienGley/PowerPointMouse
If the .exe doesn't work (missing dll) then the setup is also included
future plans :
- any other suggestion ?
 V1.1 : Added a Gyroscope "laser pointer" during slideshow
 V1.5 : Android is now "server", PC is "client"
 V1.9 : Bluetooth connection
 V1.11 : Keyboard emulation added when in mouse mode