Android Question job.Download and DBRequestManager in the same app

johnB

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

I'm trying to use job.download eg
job2.Download("http://download.finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=" & allStocks & "&f=spl1c1p2y")

and DBRequestManager (to access a remote SQL db) in the same app.

job.download seems to required HttpUtils2 to be loaded as a module where as DBRequestManager requires it as a Library.

If I run the app with HttpUtils2 as a Library I get error shown in B4A01.png error for job.download.

If I run the app with HttpUtils2 as a Module I get the error shown in Ba402.png for RDC

I would appreciate any help
Thanks

Attachments

• B4A01.png
    B4A01.png
    42 KB · Views: 188
  • B4A02.png
    B4A02.png
    36 KB · Views: 202

johnB

Licensed User
Longtime User
You only need the library. The modules are only required if you need to modify HttpUtils2 source code.
Thanks Erel
OMG, I'd tried that before (like just before I posted the question and many time previously) and was getting the error in B4A01.png but now it's working

ah -Just found that it's working in Release mode but I'm still getting the error (B4A01) when compiling in Debug(rapid). It also works in Debug(legacy)

Upvote 0

johnB

Licensed User
Longtime User
[quotI e="Erel, post: 262212, member: 1"]Make sure that you are either using the library or modules. Not both of them.[/quote]
Yes, I've deleted the modules and using the libraries which is my preferred option because then the library's are always up to date. My project is quite big so I'll see if I can duplicate the error with just download and rdc and post it on this thread. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I had a post about this before but didn't get a respons
Regards

Upvote 0