Label woes

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I probably haven't got the hang of this Android graphics stuff yet and I'm having problems with a label. In the Designer I've set its Drawable to be a White ColorDarawable with an Alpha of 255 and a Text Color of Black. It looks fine in the Designer but when I run it the label remains resolutely Black with Black text. What am I doing wrong?

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
And "high speed" 300 characters per second tape readers, and modifying your program by splicing in bits of blank tape and forming the characters with a hand punch which you needed to do after waiting five hours for the 10 characters per second Teletype to copy your master tape which it could never do without making several errors. :(

And machines with core stores that you turned off at the end of the day and just turned on again the following morning and off they went! :)

And drum printers that were incapable of printing an even line of characters because of s**t mechanical tolerancing after a bit of wear, but at least ours did have lower case and you didn't risk descapitation if the chain broke while printing at full speed! :cool: