LIBRARIES fristration

aklisiewicz

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm very frustrated with the way the libraries are organized. I have downloaded several demos and examples and most of them have missing libraries (in a ZIP). That's fine, as long as I can easily find it. The way the libraries are organized and available for download is terribly awkward and many libraries are either missing or hidden in the posts as attachment which makes them very hard to find. Organizing libraries by the user might be convenient for the author but not for the user.
If I need to find specific library I would rather search by the class/topis or whatever but not by the username. It makes no sense for me at all.
Many of the libraries were updated to new names and those names are not reflected in the source. Also when I'm looking at the source code I see no way to determine quick which library was used for particular example (unless I compile it). Even compilation error sometimes is not descriptive enough....

I would strongly suggest to review it and reorganizing it. Probably all this mess is due to the fact that the whole site is based on the forum. the forum is excellent for information exchange but Erel should really think os some sort of download component which will easily allow sort/filter/download necessary files.

There also should be some reference in the code (perhaps generated automatically) which will show what library files are necessary for the project. At this moment it is more like guessing (or perhaps I'm missing something).

Arthur

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you open the .b4a file in a text editor such as Notepad you'll see a list of all libraries used - the list contains the name of the library .jar file.
Not a perfect solution but at least you know what to search for.

Martin.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

aklisiewicz

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, that helps. Thanks a lot

PS>
hopefully there will be some list in B4A IDE

Arthur