Android Question Log not showing

Nickelgrass

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I am having trouble with the log command. The logs are not showing up any more.
I am working on a Samsung A51 with Android 11 and One UI 3.1. It used to work flawlessly on my Z5. I tried USB (debugging enabled) and WiFi. It shows:

Logger connected to: R58R516L07P
--------- beginning of main

But my log functions do not show. Is this not available any more? I read other threads regarding this but nothing solved it. I looked for other options in the developer options but couldn't find anything else that did the trick.

So simple question: how can I get the logs back? Development without it is almost impossible.

Using B4A 11.
Thanks

Nickelgrass

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the answer. Yes that is evident. But what has changed in Android 11 that it does not work and how can I enable it?

Upvote 0

Nickelgrass

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the reply.
I suppose USB debugging must be enabled on the device because I can install the app through B4A. In the status bar it says "USB for file transfer". There is no debugging info in the status bar. Should there be a notice?
It is strange because the log window on the right says
"Logger connected to: R58R516L07P
--------- beginning of main"
So there must be some information streaming from the phone to the log. But there are not other logs showing up. Except if I uncheck the filters. Then there is a lot more but none related to my app.

Upvote 0