Android Question Logging Has Stopped again

nibbo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh no… been a while since I have had this problem; debug logging has stopped again.

I am using 10.2 Beta, have restarted both PC and Tablet. Have tried after cleaning project.
Now a simple Log("xxxx") does not write to the logs...

MarcoRome

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Upvote 0

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
I have vague recollections of this happening in previous versions. I tried all sorts of things to fix it, but never did find a definite cure, it would just fix itself some hours later.

Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is probably not your problem but there is a known problem I have experienced on Huawei devices that do not have logging enabled, and seem to preriodically disable it when enabled.
If no logging on a Huawi phone then dial

*#*#2846579#*#*
On the Y7 it doesn't need Dial pressed

or on a Huawei tablet (e.g. MediaPad M3), launch the Huawei Calculator in landscape and enter
()()2846579()()
The T3 7 needs '=' pressed, the M3 Lite 8 doesn't

You will see a hidden menu.

Go to the Project Menu > Background Setting > Log setting and define the log availability (log switch) and level (log level setting).
The actual menu may differ depending on the device.

If it doesn't work straight away then restart your phone.

Upvote 0

nibbo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for all the replies, glad it is not just me this time 🤨
I have now installed v10.2 release version and restarted the PC, the Tablet and the Fridge just in case but still no logging 😭

Upvote 0

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
Factory reset device brings logging back 🤣
That seems like taking a sledgehammer to a walnut, but... if it works, it works. 🍻

It's good to have a (probable) known fix, for when there is pressure on to get development done to a deadline. 😍

Upvote 0