Status
Not open for further replies.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4A v10.2.

This update adds support for the latest version of Firebase, Crashlytics and Android SDK.
  • B4ASdkManager updated to support latest version of Android SDK command line tools.
  • Firebase libraries updated to support latest version of Firebase SDK.
  • OkHttp updated based on OkHttp 3.12.12.
  • Support for latest version of Crashlytics. Previous version will stop tracking crashes on November 2020: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/crashlytics-crash-reports.87510/#content
  • B4X version of KeyValueStore added as an internal library.
  • Internal libraries updated: B4XPages, B4XDrawer, B4XCollections, XUI Views and BCTextEngine.
  • Deprecated libraries removed: CustomListView (replaced with xCustomListView), Http and HttpUtils2 (replaced with OkHttp and OkHttpUtils2).
  • B4XPages template updated.
  • IDE performance improvements related to projects which use many b4xlibs.
  • New indicators to help understand the code flow with resumable subs:

1598868185888.png
I recommend switching to the latest command line tools + Android SDK. This means that you need to download a new SDK. You can keep the previous one as well.

Download instructions: https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html

Last edited:

amidgeha

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I set android:targetSdkVersion="30 in B4A V10.2 it gives me a warning that 29 must be used.
In B4A V10.2 Beta there is no warning when android:targetSdkVersion="30" is set

Upvote 0

amykonio

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi. There was a question in the B4A v.10.2 Beta about that. Take a look at the following link (answer #17).

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
When I set android:targetSdkVersion="30 in B4A V10.2 it gives me a warning that 29 must be used.
In B4A V10.2 Beta there is no warning when android:targetSdkVersion="30" is set
True. It is a mistake to set the targetSdkVersion to 30. You should set it to 29. Next year, when Google requires it, you will update it to 30.

Upvote 0

Creideiki

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4A v10.2.

This update adds support for the latest version of Firebase, Crashlytics and Android SDK.
  • Deprecated libraries removed: CustomListView (replaced with xCustomListView), Http and HttpUtils2 (replaced with OkHttp and OkHttpUtils2).
Since when is CustomListView deprecated? I never saw a warning about that...!?

Luckily I saw it before upgrading... it seems I have to replace CustomListView soon...

Upvote 0

Hamied Abou Hulaikah

Licensed User
Longtime User
After update .. Firebase errors still stop compiling:
Convert byte code - optimized dex. Error
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/inject/Provider;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/components/AbstractComponentContainer;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/components/Component;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/components/Component$$Lambda$1;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/components/Component$$Lambda$2;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/components/Component$$Lambda$3;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/components/Component$1;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/components/Component$Builder;
Uncaught translation error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added: Lcom/google/firebase/components/ComponentContainer;
UNEXPECTED TOP-LEVEL EXCEPTION:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Translation has been interrupted
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles(Main.java:692)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runMultiDex(Main.java:366)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.runDx(Main.java:291)
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.main(Main.java:249)
at com.android.dx.command.Main.main(Main.java:94)
Caused by: java.lang.InterruptedException: Too many errors
at com.android.dx.command.dexer.Main.processAllFiles(Main.java:684)

Upvote 0

netsistemas

Licensed User
Longtime User
(Solutionated, view in last of message)
When run my app i have this error:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Landroidx/core/content/ContextCompat;

this error are lunched in this code: (view 'this line crack: in source code')

B4X:
Sub CargarRutaBase
    Dim TargetDir As String

'https://b4x.com/android/forum/threads/no-such-file-or-directory-file-dirdefaultexternal-not-exists.93099/

Try

If File.ExternalWritable  Then'
            Private rp As RuntimePermissions
            'this line crack:'
            TargetDir =  rp.GetSafeDirDefaultExternal("") ' File.DirDefaultExternal
        Else
            TargetDir = File.DirInternal
        End If

RutaBase =  TargetDir

Catch
        Log(LastException)
    End Try
End Sub

(in previous version o ba4 all is ok and not error are detect)...

SOLUTIONATED:

- uninstal basi4andrid
- (backup libreary previous to delete) DELETE ALL Librarys in C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\Basic4android\Libraries
- Reinstall basic4android
- Copy the librarys used in my proyect.
(and view next message, very important, more than this)

The problem, i think, is that i have XuiLibrarys in Librarys folder that now, are incluyed in CORE of b4a or similar.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

netsistemas

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thats true, i download and change folder for sdk, and similar ... your link is very important.

I did not remember i

Upvote 0

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I recommend switching to the latest command line tools + Android SDK. This means that you need to download a new SDK. You can keep the previous one as well.

Hi Erel:

It's probably worth remembering in this thread the instructions to update you gave in the beta version.
  1. Download command line tools v6609375: https://developer.android.com/studio#command-tools
  2. Unpack in C:\Android
  3. Download additional resources: https://b4xfiles-4c17.kxcdn.com/b4a/resources_9_20.zip
  4. Unpack in C:\Android. It should look like this:

explorer_hfrxvrNO6q.png

5. Set android.jar path in the IDE to: C:\Android\platforms\android-30\android.jar
  6. Note that you don't need to run B4A Sdk Manager at all. All the required components are included. If you do want to run the emulator then start Tools - B4A Sdk manager, install the recommended items and create a new AVD.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.