Logistic Regression

Stellaferox

Licensed User
Hi, this utility performs logistic regression, in which a dichotomous outcome is predicted by one or more variables.
It is mainly a translation from the statistical pages by John Pezzulo (http://www.statpages.org/logistic.html) with the addition of some features.
Feel free to use and have fun with it.
With thanks to the author of the original pages from which we can learn a lot (and provide a neverending source of prgrams to make...)
Marc

Attachments

• LogReg.zip
    9.8 KB · Views: 269
  • LogReg.jpg
    LogReg.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 274

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Stellaferox,

the first time I've seen somebody drawing a graph! Looks very nice :cool:

But just as a reminder you should always try to clean the code before providing it on this forum.
The scrollbar.dll is never used (comments in the sub App_Start) but the component is still present in the project. So I'll get an error opening you program since the dll it is not provided with the zip file (as you really don't need it).
And there is a "useless" bar object defined. The Sub bar_ValueChanged can never be executed.
Additionally you should aways use the tool "check for unassigned / unused variables" as there are some more statements that are never used.

I hope you won't be angry to me :sign0152:
specci48

Stellaferox

Licensed User
hi specci48,
no, not angry at all!! any help is welcome. yes, i included a scrollbar in the output form (results) but could not get it to work properly. somewhere along the lines in the results page is the line "Odds Ratios and 95% Confidence Intervals..." which displays "intervals" on the next line. I wanted to use the scrollbar to get it on one line but didnt know how so i temporarily disabled the scrollbar.
the code has to cleaned and sped up anyway.
if you have any suggestions i'd be glad...

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Stellaferox,

I see what you are trying to do with the scrollbar but I think this is not possible with a multiline textbox since you can't stop the lines form wrapping automatically. The example I provided in "our" previous thread has only a single line textbox...

specci48

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Guys

Sterella, please do clean up the code because i've been trying to run your app and it kesps erroring out...I like the interface design but would like also to ave a more "hands on" help file or tutorial about the features...
Otherwise looks promissing..MaYbe it wil help me win EuroMillions.....:sign0060:

Stellaferox

Licensed User
Code is cleared out up until this point. I'd like to make it faster when machinelanguage comes into the basic4ppc picture.....:sign0137:

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice workaround for your scrollbar problem cutting "confidence" into "conf" ... ;)

And a small bug report: Choosing open/save and then cancelling the open/save causes an error. :(

Stellaferox

Licensed User
thnx, I'll look into that the coming days. Always thankfull for bug reports. Meanwhile working n a random number generator with several features like filesaving and a scaling utility which can rescale a given range of numbers. Mainly because I use those functions a lot....
Marc