iOS Question Mac-Mini 2014 and xCode 15+

Filippo

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I have this configuration:
1704717938064.png

According to my information xCode-15 cannot be installed on this Mac-mini.
That means I should get a new Mac-mini, or am I misinformed?

Swissmade

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

Is this on a VM? or a real Mac

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I have this configuration:
View attachment 149427

According to my information xCode-15 cannot be installed on this Mac-mini.
That means I should get a new Mac-mini, or am I misinformed?

There is a slight chance that you are missinformed and also not at the same time. There is a workaround to fool the mac as far as my knowledge goes to be able to install later mac os, so I suppose you will be able to install also the new xcode 15. Not checked but found it in github (Google it as I do not remember the URL).

Upvote 0

Swissmade

Licensed User
Longtime User
So this is a real Mac.
Hope you can find a solution.

Upvote 0

Filippo

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this on a VM? or a real Mac
Yes, this is a real Mac.

There is a slight chance that you are missinformed and also not at the same time. There is a workaround to fool the mac as far as my knowledge goes to be able to install later mac os, so I suppose you will be able to install also the new xcode 15. Not checked but found it in github (Google it as I do not remember the URL).
No, I don't want to modify my Mac-Mini with any tools, I would rather buy a new device.
I think my Mac-Mini has paid for itself after 10 years, and now it's time for a new.

Upvote 0

Swissmade

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, this is a real Mac.

No, I don't want to modify my Mac-Mini with any tools, I would rather buy a new device.
I think my Mac-Mini has paid for itself after 10 years, and now it's time for a new.
Sounds good.
Enjoy the new Mac then.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just to be clear, you need to run Ventura 13.5 to be able to install Xcode 15 & a 2014 Mac Mini isn't supported by Ventura. I have both 2104 & M1 Mac Minis & I do have Bootcamp with Windows 10 on the 2014, but I hardly ever use it now because I run Xcode & Android Studio under MacOS on the M1.

You'll find the M2 to be much, much faster than the 2014 - especially if you still had the original HDD in the 2014. I changed mine out for an SSD & it made it a lot faster, but still slow compared to the M1. Enjoy!

- Colin.

Upvote 0

watesoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Based on your version of macos, you can choose to install xcode14.1 or xcode14.2. At least for now, it is possible to submit applications to the appstore, you can get it in the: https://developer.apple.com/download/all/
Of course, if you're willing, you can install macos in a virtual machine on Windows. I don't have an Apple computer, so I'm currently using VMware Workstation 16 Pro+MacOs13+Xcode14.3.1.

Attachments

• 123.png
    123.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Swissmade

Licensed User
Longtime User
Based on your version of macos, you can choose to install xcode14.1 or xcode14.2. At least for now, it is possible to submit applications to the appstore, you can get it in the: https://developer.apple.com/download/all/
Of course, if you're willing, you can install macos in a virtual machine on Windows. I don't have an Apple computer, so I'm currently using VMware Workstation 16 Pro+MacOs13+Xcode14.3.1.
True in a Virtual Box the problem can be that you only see a empty stage in the app with a GUI.
Lets say I get screen error's I can not fix yet.

Upvote 0

Filippo

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I received my new Mac-Mini 2023 today. :)

As I've often said, I'm not an Apple fan, but I have to say that the installation and transfer of data from my old Mac-Mini went really well and, above all, automatically, something I don't know from Windows PCs.
The USB disk that I used as storage for the time machine was automatically recognized and all the data was transferred.
I hardly had to configure anything myself.

Of course, compiling with B4i also works very well. ;)
1705071263119.png

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I received my new Mac-Mini 2023 today. :)

As I've often said, I'm not an Apple fan, but I have to say that the installation and transfer of data from my old Mac-Mini went really well and, above all, automatically, something I don't know from Windows PCs.
The USB disk that I used as storage for the time machine was automatically recognized and all the data was transferred.
I hardly had to configure anything myself.

Of course, compiling with B4i also works very well. ;)
Yeah - I was never a huge Mac fan either. I only bought the 2014 Mac Mini so I could use Xcode, but I got so sick of Windows trashing the Bootcamp partition that I've pretty much stopped using it & now do everything on my M1 Mac Mini. I spend way less time trying to sort out OS related issues & more time actually doing productive work. :)

- Colin.

Upvote 0