B4J Question MacSigner fails - Possibly an upgrade in Mac Instance?

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
MacSigner in my MacInCloud instance started to fail with this message when I hit notarize. My previous attempt before 2 days worked perfectly. What could be the reason?

xcrun: error: sh -c '/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild -sdk macosx -find notarytool 2> /dev/null' failed with exit code 17664: (null) (errno=No such file or directory)
xcrun: error: unable to find utility "notarytool", not a developer tool or in PATH

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I imagine the first thing to check is if you still have notarytool installed? And if it's reachable via PATH?

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I imagine the first thing to check is if you still have notarytool installed? And if it's reachable via PATH?

I have contacted them and I will wait for an answer as I have no admin rights/permissions on the instance.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, sorry for not responding immediately but I 've been searching a lot about what might be wrong. The answer is found in this page:

The new notarytool requires MacOS BigSur v11.3 and above in order to use XCode 13 and above. My instance uses MacOS Catalina 10.15. Obviously the previous time I notarized even though I downloaded the new version of MacSigner I accidentally used the previous one. So I suppose the answer to my problem is to use the previous MacSigner. There is also the possibility of an upgrade by @Erel of MacSigner that will use this jshell command to determine the version of XCode and use the proper notarization method. The first number would determine the proper method. If the first number is 13 and above then MacSigner should use the new method else the old one. The jShell command would be:

XCode Version Find:
/usr/bin/xcodebuild -version

Upvote 0