Share My Creation Martian Time

Martian Time is a time keeper for time on the planet Mars designed for those who wish to monitor time at specific landmarks, such as Olympus Mons or Mars rover sites.

Martian time does not only compute the major martian time definitions but also provides Solar and Terran longitudes, latitudes, hour angles, azimuths and altitudes, etc, for selected landmarks as if observed on Mars.

In addition, a full set of Mars ephemerides with reference to Earth is computed for real-time. Select one from 12 available surface map textures for the rotatable Mars globe and popular landmarks from a list of approximately 50 locations, including rover sites.

Martian Time employs the algorithm of Mars24, a Java applet developed by NASA/GISS and is therefore believed to be highly accurate provided your phone's time and timezone are set correctly. The author is grateful to Jim Brown for providing the OpenGL ES routines for the 3D Mars globe.

ESSENTIAL FEATURES

* Local Time/Phone System Time
* Universal Time, GMT or UTC
* Coordinated Mars Time, MTC
* Local Mean Zone Time, LMZT
* Local Mean Solar Time, LMST
* Local True Solar Time, LTST
* Definitions for Mars times
* Twelve surface map textures
* Approx. 50 landmarks with data
- Day & night terminator map
- Position of Sun and Earth:
- longitude, latitude
- azimuth, altitude
- hour angle, sidereal time, etc.
* Mars ephemerides
* Mars elongation chart

Available on the Market:
https://market.android.com/details?id=requio.com_marstime&feature=search_result

Attachments

• mt1.jpg
    mt1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 14,145
  • mt2.jpg
    mt2.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 368
  • mt3.jpg
    mt3.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 339
  • mt4.jpg
    mt4.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 325
  • mt5.jpg
    mt5.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 363
  • mt6.jpg
    mt6.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 341

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks so much Jim, especially for your OpenGL ES routines. At this time, I have not put much emphasis on the OpenGL features, since there may be more to come, and/or easier means of implementations. As for my personal use, your work is truly fantastic! However, the user folks out there demand more and more glitter and game-like features.

Since the astronomy market is a very narrow one, I do not expect much sales, but the user audience is usually very friendly and understanding.

Please let me know if you wish to play with any of my apps and I will send you the *.apk's

Cheers
Robert

Martin Larsen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Alfcen, I really like the look of your apps!

Are your other apps on the market also made with B4A?

Martin Larsen

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am amateur astronomer myself and have done quite a bit of astronomical calculations over time, although not in recent years and hence not in Android.

I used mainly the formulae by Jean Meeus. May I ask what your basis is?

Re. the nice photos from NASA, do you pay for them or are they free to use?

alfcen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, Jean Meeus, other sources and own algorithms.
NASA images are largely in the public domain.