iOS Question Max records of List

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
person selects the one they want
i doubt he scrolls through 5600 items to select anything, unless it's the tiktok or instagram reels page.

So in my test of 6 thousand items with a height of 200dip per item, the list scrolls in release mode without visible problems. Just add the base panel and load the content via lazy loading, then you shouldn't have any performance problems when scrolling. The only thing that is stupid is the loading time when adding the 6000 thousand items, unfortunately there is nothing that can speed this up.

But I would recommend you to reload the site while scrolling, then you add the 1st 500 items on the 1st load, then the loading time is hardly noticeable and if your user is really so crazy and continues scrolling at 400 items, then you reload the next 200 items and so on and so on...

Upvote 0

Graeme Mitchell

Licensed User
Tried this and it does work for the picker, but there is another option to type in the part if you know it, i still require a method to load all records to a list or something like that

Upvote 0

Graeme Mitchell

Licensed User
the thought was load in 5300 parts into the picker, then when they choose the part then load the rest of the data. Can a MAP hold more records than a List?

Upvote 0

Alexander Stolte

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0