iOS Question Maximum waiting time for AppReview

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everybody,

I have uploaded an application to AppStore in last Saturday afternoon (29/6/2019). Today after 8 days the status is still "waiting for review". I contacted them and they said they will need more time to review the app. The fact is that they claim in their site that it takes up to 2 days to review an app. Has this happened to any one else?

Thanks in advance

BillMeyer

Licensed User
Longtime User
It has. Waited 14 days. Then I lodged an appeal and was approved within 4 hours.

I think sometimes the app gets caught in a queue and then even gets bumped to another review site and then goes to the back of the queue again.

It took particularly longer when I requested a release to the American app store.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I was rejected 3 times but finally today they have accepted the application in AppStore.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the impression that new apps always need longer than just updates.

Maybe they only check notes of earlier reviews when reviewing updates.

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If your app get rejected few times in a row, it takes around 7-10 days again to be reviewed according to my past experiences.

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
Reviews have been considerably faster in recent months than they were previously. It used to routinely take a week or more to get a new app approved & several days for an update. Now I find that new apps are generally approved in a couple of days & updates in 1-2 days & sometimes less than 24 hours.

If you are releasing a new app you can make it easier on yourself by making sure there's nothing in it that will cause it to be rejected, because that will add time to the process.

- Colin.

Upvote 0