Android Question Messed up IDE windows, reinstalled and still messed up [solved]

Didier9

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure what happened. I had a computer "event" after installing Visual Studio. It just crashed the way only Windows can... I had to force a Windows shut down. B4A was open and a debug session running. Note that this computer has a new hard drive, with a fresh installation of Windows 10 as of ~2 weeks ago and not many programs installed yet.

When I rebooted, B4A would not load. No error message, nothing in Task manager so I reinstalled it.
B4A said something to the effect of "Can't find INI file" but the message disappeared quickly, so I loaded my project.
B4A would not find some libraries or the bal files and the paths to Java and the SDK were not set but once that was reset, the IDE did run.

However, the windows are messed up: the message "Tip: Modify code and hot Ctrl+S" is in a vertical tab on the right, and only displayed when I click on the debug tab at the bottom, instead of being at the bottom left of the main window as it always has been.
The designer's Property tab is floating over the main tab instead of along the left edge of the screen and the main tab is maximized.
There may be other problems.
Do I have to wipe everything and start over or is there a way to reset the IDE?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 150
  • 2.png
    2.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 166

Didier9

Licensed User
Longtime User
I saw those but did not want to try without being sure.
Seems like it did the job, thanks a bunch!

Upvote 0