iOS Question Migrating a B4A app to B4I?

AzureCrystal

Licensed User
Longtime User
pie-shot.jpg

Good morning, hoping everyone is having a grand day! I have been using B4A (Which I love) for about a week now and just purchased B4I and hosted server. I have one B4A app that talks to a PHP/MySql server and builds a pie chart dynamically via JSON. I kindly ask; What will be my main changes/challenges porting this type of layout and code from B4A? I "just" purchased B4I and looking forward to porting this over.

Grateful thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

JonPM

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you are using some B4A libraries then make sure to check if they are available for B4i as well, many are not

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I had many apps using php/mysql with b4a and i have fully ported all of them. They are small changes but all managabale. Also for layout you can use bal2bil convertor which converts your b4a layout to b4i. If a view is available in b4a but not in b4i then it generates it as panel i think than you have to modify them but it is quite easy don't worry.

Upvote 0

AzureCrystal

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had many apps using php/mysql with b4a and i have fully ported all of them. They are small changes but all managabale. Also for layout you can use bal2bil convertor which converts your b4a layout to b4i. If a view is available in b4a but not in b4i then it generates it as panel i think than you have to modify them but it is quite easy don't worry.
Thank you, this is good news!

Upvote 0