Android Question Migrating previous SqlCipher db to work with newest SqlCipher library 1.60/SqlCipher 4x

GeoffT660

Licensed User
Longtime User
I needed to update my app to the SqlCipher 1.60 library to make my app work on the Pixel 7 but I now have to update my current sqlcipher db to work with this library, I have tried to use the PRAGMA cipher_migrate in DBBrowser as referenced here cipher_migrate but receive a result of 1 instead of 0 which signals success. It has been suggested that I follow the steps outlined in the new sqlcipher library post but am hoping someone can give me more detailed instructions to accomplish this task then what is offered in the post.

- Use the desktop version of SQLCipher. It may require purchasing a license. Where would I purchase the Desktop version? I don't see one listed on the Zetetic website.
- Create a program that reads the data from the existing databases and writes it to a password protected database. How can I create a DB on the newest version and transfer the data?

Please let me know if there are any definitive steps for migrating my db.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

GeoffT660

Licensed User
Longtime User
I saw all that but which one is an executable desktop version that I would use to accomplish this migration?

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ah, I didn't realize they were just libraries and not a standalone desktop app.

Upvote 0