Android Question Migration from XP to WIN-7

Askjerry

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had B4A installed on my old laptop... now trying to get it on the new one.
I installed B4A, pointed to the license file... no problem... but the configuration paths... not going so well. I am VERY close... but need a push.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Running: installer_r22.6.1-windows.exe
I Get the following:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Java SE Development Kit (JDK) not found.
Error: Failed to find Java version for 'C:\Windows\system32\java.exe"
If you believe you have a JDK installed and it was not properly recognized, simply set an environment variable JAVA_HOME to point to it.

I go to the web page and download: jdk-8u5-windows-x64.exe

The default install is: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_05\
I press NEXT >...

During the install it says...
Install to:
C:\Program Files\Java\jre8\
I press NEXT >...

It runs, then says it successfully Installed
I attempt to run installer_r22.6.1-windows.exe

Same thing... Java SE Development Kit (JDK) not found.

So now what?
I don't know how to set an envirenment variable... I could reinstall... what should I do??

If I go to B4A and configure the paths... it finds the javac.exe under...

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_05\bin\javac.exe

What is my next step please??
Thanks,
Jerry

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Your new laptop is probably a 64 bit. Even if it is a 64 bit, install the 32bit JDK not the 64 bit JDK. You should be good to go.
Select "Windows x86 (32-bit)" in the platforms list

Your path config will look something like this:
upload_2014-5-2_17-38-36.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

James Chamblin

Licensed User
Longtime User
You should be able to install the 32 bit version of JDK on Windows 7. There seems to be a problem with it on Windows 8. You can still use the 64 bit version if you create an environment variable pointing to the JDK directory.

Press the Windows key + Pause/Break key to bring up the System dialogue. On the left, Click Advanced system settings to bring up System Settings dialogue. Under the advance tab, at the bottom, click on Environment Variables. In the section marked System Variables, click on new. Variable name should be JAVA_HOME. Variable value should be the path to your JDK install C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_05\ . Android SDK should now install.

Upvote 0

Askjerry

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just downloaded and installed the 86 version... went right in.

I will however paste your reply into another thread where I was asking about the environment variable... so that will help others who have WIN-8 and can't install the 86 version.

Thanks,
Jerry

Upvote 0