Android Question B4A V8.8 project from WinXP move to Win10

Jones Hone

Licensed User
Longtime User
Project originally executed in WinXp(x86), with B4A V8.8
a1.jpg

Now, I move it to win10(x64).
I copied the three directories marked the red box in the picture above. and the entire directory of b4a v8.8.
That is to say, all files are the same as in WinXp.
The following error message appears after compilation
Error message:
B4A Version: 8.80
Parsing code.    (0.33s)
Building folders structure.    (0.00s)
Compiling code.    (0.29s)
Compiling layouts code.    (0.02s)
Organizing libraries.    (0.89s)
Generating R file.    Error
D:\VPadMOS_V2\Objects\bin\extra\res6\res\color\abc_btn_colored_borderless_text_material.xml:20: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'alpha' in package 'tw.changfon.vpadmos'
D:\VPadMOS_V2\Objects\bin\extra\res6\res\color\abc_btn_colored_text_material.xml:20: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'alpha' in package 'tw.changfon.vpadmos'
D:\VPadMOS_V2\Objects\bin\extra\res6\res\color\abc_tint_btn_checkable.xml:19: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'alpha' in package 'tw.changfon.vpadmos'
D:\VPadMOS_V2\Objects\bin\extra\res6\res\color\abc_tint_default.xml:19: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'alpha' in package 'tw.changfon.vpadmos'
D:\VPadMOS_V2\Objects\bin\extra\res6\res\color\abc_tint_edittext.xml:19: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'alpha' in package 'tw.changfon.vpadmos'
D:\VPadMOS_V2\Objects\bin\extra\res6\res\color\abc_tint_seek_thumb.xml:19: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'alpha' in package 'tw.changfon.vpadmos'
D:\VPadMOS_V2\Objects\bin\extra\res6\res\color\abc_tint_spinner.xml:19: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'alpha' in package 'tw.changfon.vpadmos'
D:\VPadMOS_V2\Objects\bin\extra\res6\res\color\abc_tint_switch_track.xml:19: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'alpha' in package 'tw.changfon.vpadmos'
D:\VPadMOS_V2\Objects\bin\extra\res6\res\color\abc_tint_switch_track.xml:20: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'alpha' in package 'tw.changfon.vpadmos'
D:\VPadMOS_V2\Objects\bin\extra\res6\res\color\abc_tint_switch_track.xml:21: error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'alpha' in package 'tw.changfon.vpadmos'
Could this be a problem there? Thank you.

Brian Dean

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think that you are wasting your time. Why don't you throw all of this away and install the current version, following the installation instructions exsctly?-

Upvote 0

Jones Hone

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have tried installing the current version following the installation instructions exactly.
But there are too many many errors in using the latest version.
My project has many customers currently using it.
I can't make any changes. to avoid incompatibility with older versions.
and there are many old programs that the new version of b4a no longer supports!

Upvote 0

Brian Dean

Licensed User
Longtime User
. . . there are many old programs that the new version of b4a no longer supports!

Okay - thiat might be true, but there are certainly many old programs that current Android versions no longer support. Anyway, I am sorry that I have no other suggestion to make.

Upvote 0

Sagenut

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Java 8 needs installation.
You can't simply copy and paste the folder.
You need to install it on the new machine.
For latest version you need to create an account to Oracle.
But maybe there could be something more.

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
You can make a winxp ISO file with b4a v8.8, and then install it to VMware Player virtual machines in Windows 10

Upvote 0

epiCode

Licensed User
Try Installing Oracle VM VirtualBox for your machine / OS
Setup Windows XP, Java 8 and B4A in it ( follow installation instructions )
Compile!

Upvote 0

Rubsanpe

Licensed User
Hi. Have you done a cleanup of the project from the IDE? It seems that it is referencing compilation resources that are no longer available on the new machine. Do the cleanup and recompile it.

Rubén

Upvote 0

Jones Hone

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi. Have you done a cleanup of the project from the IDE? It seems that it is referencing compilation resources that are no longer available on the new machine. Do the cleanup and recompile it.

Rubén
I already have a cleanup project, But the problem still exists

Upvote 0