MiniMat - Matrix Calculator

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is another type of calculator which probably only few people will regard as useful - a calculator for Matrix Operations.
The Manual is included in the installation files.
I used Gauss algorithm for the inversion of the matrix and for the liear set of equations solution.
I used decimal.dll to reduce truncation errors.
Enjoy !

Edit: updated to Minimat4.1 which works with Matrix library and FgGradientButton library.

Edit: updated to 4.2 to suit Matrix1.2 library, and user manual added.

Attachments

• MiniMat4.2.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:

specci48

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great!!!

specci48

Btw.: you provide us with so much nice an uselful programs. Are there no other hobbies you spend your time on? ;)

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hobbies

I made my family tree with Excel, working with database of more than 2000 names. The Code is in VB.
I managed to track my roots back to the 9th century !

I also grow tropical fish, and have some very nice successes with spawning them.

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Heading :sign0006: ...

I too like tropical fish and have a 190Litre tank in the front room.
I also used to have a smaller tank for the purpose of spawning but my good lady made me remove it as she felt that one tank in the front room was more than enough :(

Regards,
RandomCoder

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Fish tanks

But you can have them in the other rooms...like I have.;)

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
We have a large gold fish tank in another room, don't want to push my luck too far ;)

Regards,
RandomCoder

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Minimat2

:signOops: I realized that I forgot to include the function of finding the Determinant of a (square) matrix, so here is the update.

Rioven

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi David,

I've tried and it's Great!
I have coded matrix operations more than decade ago in QB, and I could not think of easy solutions on how I could revive it. I have used it for structural frame/truss analysis. When I saw your application, I've thought about it again...Any help or advice(or dll perhaps :))from you would be greatly appreciated.:sign0188:

Regards,
Rioven

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Minimat 4 is updated at the first post, it uses Matrix library which I have just released.

dlfallen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you David!

I migrated from Fortran to Basic back in 1968, solely because my University's mainframe supported matrix algegra in their version of Basic, but not in Fortran (they didn't have the necessary Fortran maths libraries).

I'm looking forward to messing around with Minimat.

-Dave Fallen

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have updated the program due to an error I found in the understanding of Dot multiplication, so I updated both the Matrix library and Minimat.

Last edited:

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Updated to use Matrix 1.2 library + user manual.

Last edited: