iOS Question Missing Info.plist key

John Sparrow

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

I have received the following message from iTunes review.

Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.
Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSCameraUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

The app doesn't use the device's photolibrary or camera. Any idea how I might resolve this?

Thanks

John

John Sparrow

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

Yes. Message received was:

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "mylifecoachapp". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:
Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.
Missing Info.plist key - This app attempts to access privacy-sensitive data without a usage description. The app's Info.plist must contain an NSCameraUsageDescription key with a string value explaining to the user how the app uses this data.

Though you are not required to fix the following issues, we wanted to make you aware of them:
Missing Push Notification Entitlement - Your app appears to register with the Apple Push Notification service, but the app signature's entitlements do not include the "aps-environment" entitlement. If your app uses the Apple Push Notification service, make sure your App ID is enabled for Push Notification in the Provisioning Portal, and resubmit after signing your app with a Distribution provisioning profile that includes the "aps-environment" entitlement. Xcode 8 does not automatically copy the aps-environment entitlement from provisioning profiles at build time. This behavior is intentional. To use this entitlement, either enable Push Notifications in the project editor's Capabilities pane, or manually add the entitlement to your entitlements file. For more information, see https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/RemoteNotificationsPG/HandlingRemoteNotifications.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008194-CH6-SW1.
Once the required corrections have been made, you can then redeliver the corrected binary

Regards,
The App Store team

I don't see why I am getting the push notification issue either!

Thanks

John

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't see why I am getting the push notification issue either!
This always happens and you should ignore it. It will not affect anything.

It seems like you will need to add the new keys (see the Camera tutorial). They will not do anything harmful as the user will never see them.

Upvote 0