Bug? Misssing Jar file DesignerScript

Mike Maurice

Licensed User
Longtime User
This error displays when starting B4A 11.80. The error msg does not appear to be real, in that the designer appears to be intact.
This does not happen in Windows 10x64, except in a VmPlayer 16.2 virtual machine.

An error occurred.
Missing jar file for library: DesignerScript.xml
[IDE message - 9:27:36]
An error occurred.
An error occurred.
An error occurred.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Usually this error means that you have an xml file in your libraries folder without a matching jar file. In this case it looks like DesignerScript.xml, which should be in the 'Anywhere Software\B4A' folder has been copied or moved to the 'Anywhere Software\B4A\Libraries' folder.

Mike Maurice

Licensed User
Longtime User
Graham, Sorry that's not the problem. But, I did double check, even though the install of B4A is a completely brand new one. By the way there is no explicit DesignerScript.jar file anywhere in the system. Either on a plain Win 10 or in a VMware Workstation virtual machine. Which makes the error msg even more puzzling.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
there is no explicit DesignerScript.jar file anywhere in the system
That is correct. DesignerScript.xml contains the definitions for the Designer Script language and should be located where I stated. It is not a description of a jar file. If the error is as you stated I stand by my diagnosis. Check again and if there is a DesignerScript.xml in either of your B4A\Libraries or additional libraries folder then delete it.

Mike Maurice

Licensed User
Longtime User
You were absolutely correct. There were in fact about 5 .xml files that were not needed and caused an error, one at a time.
The puzzle now is where they came from as I can not trace them back to where they could have come from. The install was fresh, but of course the additional folder is not deleted during an uninstall and they were in it. But, not in any other folders that it could have come from. Oh, well...