MIT APP INVENTORS IN THE HOUSE?

Ertan

Licensed User
I built a smart home using bluetooth with arduino when I was in high school. The mobile application was supported and I had made the mobile application using the mit app inventor. It's simple but of course you can't do every app. Hence 1.
1.jpeg

The application is in Turkish, but the buttons say things like open the door, turn on the ventilation, set the alarm.
In the articles at the bottom, door, ventilation and alarm situations, etc. he was writing.

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
My neffew used it to create an app in informatics class in his high school. The app looked good but I do not have a clue how he did it.

Ryan Pigeon

I built a smart home using bluetooth with arduino when I was in high school. The mobile application was supported and I had made the mobile application using the mit app inventor. It's simple but of course you can't do every app. Hence 1.
View attachment 121290
The application is in Turkish, but the buttons say things like open the door, turn on the ventilation, set the alarm.
In the articles at the bottom, door, ventilation and alarm situations, etc. he was writing.
Nice Ertan! Yeah, I played around with it made few few small apps, but agree, it is limited. Have a nice day, pal!

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
I used App Inventor before learning about B4X environments
Also creating apps of discrete complexity and size
But some features are not present, for example the realization of services or operations in the background is not possible (or rather a couple of years ago it was not possible), besides the accurate debugging of procedures created with App Inventor is extremely complex. and tiring, substantially based on the writing of variables dedicated to debugging or displaying these, in fact there is no concept of breakpoint or in any case of interruption of the program flow
Those two things, lack of service and extremely inefficient debugging, prompted me to look for other programming environments
The fact remains that App Inventor, equipped with all the available plugins, remains an excellent working environment to fully understand what the programming activity of an electronic device wants to be.
And periodically I return to have a fond look and leave some messages to the "code colleagues" with whom I have shared a small part of my professional experience.

Unfortunately for App Inventor, B4X systems aren't beaten by anyone 😁

Ryan Pigeon

I used App Inventor before learning about B4X environments
Also creating apps of discrete complexity and size
But some features are not present, for example the realization of services or operations in the background is not possible (or rather a couple of years ago it was not possible), besides the accurate debugging of procedures created with App Inventor is extremely complex. and tiring, substantially based on the writing of variables dedicated to debugging or displaying these, in fact there is no concept of breakpoint or in any case of interruption of the program flow
Those two things, lack of service and extremely inefficient debugging, prompted me to look for other programming environments
The fact remains that App Inventor, equipped with all the available plugins, remains an excellent working environment to fully understand what the programming activity of an electronic device wants to be.
And periodically I return to have a fond look and leave some messages to the "code colleagues" with whom I have shared a small part of my professional experience.

Unfortunately for App Inventor, B4X systems aren't beaten by anyone 😁
Howdy Amorosik! Yeah, I really like the concept of the lego blocks thingie, but I too found that I couldn't get certain things right. I am totally new to Android and am really excited about learning it. I purchased B4A 2 years ago, and dabbled a bit with it and found it extremely user friendly - coming from a Visual Basic 6 background. Exciting times ahead!!

Keep in touch! Cheers.

pliroforikos

Licensed User
We are teaching App inventor at first class of high school here in Greece. It has a simple interface to design your app and a scratch like syntax. it has many advantages for young students but b4x is far more better even for kids.