B4A Library [Moved] SpeechRecognitionNoUI

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Many thanks for this. It seems to work well, apart from the fact that owing to American prudery while it recognises various profanities it returns them in sanitised form such as "s***" and "b*****" :( (Well I had to try didn't I) :)

I'm going to try to use it, with some text post processing, to enter lines of code in my on device Basic language IDE rather than enter code on the keyboard which can be quite laborious. Even with inevitably having to do some post-voice editing it could be faster - particularly on smaller devices.

Last edited:

Brandsum

Licensed User
Many thanks for this. It seems to work well, apart from the fact that owing to American prudery while it recognises various profanities it returns them in sanitised form such as "s***" and "b*****" :( (Well I had to try didn't I) :)
You can disable this.
  1. Open Google App
  2. Click on more option (bottom right corner)
  3. Click on Settings
  4. Click on voice
  5. Turn Hide offensive words off
Or
  1. Open phone settings app
  2. Go to google option
  3. Click on Search, Assistant & Voice
  4. Click on voice
  5. Turn Hide offensive words off

Brandsum

Licensed User
That's the sound level of the audio stream in dB unit. You can use this to show user voice input strength level.

leitor79

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi! Can the SR object be used within a service, or must it be within an activity?
Thank you very much!

Brandsum

Licensed User
Because I think its easier to include a library rather than adding that class file to a project. Just like b4xlib.
I have mentioned the original thread. You can check that to know how it is working.

I have posted a few libraries as class file so that someone can modify if its not working as they want. But here I dont think any modifications is required. So I have posted as jar file. Also if you compile a module as library then users dont have to add dependencies along with the library as those will be compiled along with the class file.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
But here I dont think any modifications is required.
Well, we have to disagree here. I see no point in posting a compiled class module instead of the source code. I wanted to play with the cancel() method but I now have to reverse engineer the source code to be able to do so.