Android Question Moving AndroidSDK_Tools directory

SeaBee

Licensed User
I recently had to do some maintenance on ab old Visual Studio project which required me to uninstall HAXM and enable Hyper-V to run the XP VHD containing the solution. I put the VHD on the C:\ drive, as this is a SSD, but being rather small I had to move some Android stuff off to the D:\ drive. This PC is less than a month old, and so I had not got around to upgrading the 256GB drive yet (512GB ordered today).

I now have a single D:\Android directory containing sdk, B4ALibs, .android (with new path variable) and AndroidSDK_Tools. I have modified the B4A paths appropriately.

The problem I have is that now if I run the B4A AVDManager to launch an emulator, I get a B4A SDK Manager error: PANIC: Missing emulator engine program for 'x86' CPU, and if I try to run the Android AVDManager.exe I get the message
'Failed to parse properties from d:\AndroidSDK_Tools\B4AEmulator\10in_tabletPlatfor_24\config.ini' - which is the old directory, before I consolidated all the Android stuff into a single directory. Before this, either method worked.

The logical thing to do would be to get the Android AVDManager.exe to look in the new tools location (d:\Android instead of d:\ root directory), but I cannot find anyway of doing that.

I would be most grateful if someone would point me in the right direction.

Thanks very much,

Chris C-B

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html

You should follow the instructions to install a new SDK instead of reusing an old SDK (Even moving).

See this Video

Upvote 0

SeaBee

Licensed User
Thanks for the response. I had planned to do a complete re-install of all Android/B4A stuff after I get the new SSD, but instead I worked through the wee small hours of the morning to get the Hyper-V maintenance project finished quickly. I emailed the new executable off at 04:30 this morning - together with my invoice :D.

As I have reason to be deeply suspicious of Hyper-V, I had run off an AOMEI clone of the C:\ drive before starting Hyper-V, so I cloned it back later (much later :D) this morning and all is now well.

Today, my coding will be fuelled by large amounts of caffeine!

Upvote 0