mp3 player glitch

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by kolbe, Mar 11, 2008.

1. kolbe

kolbe Active Member Licensed User

Hello again,

I've written a simple mp3 player but have a small glitch. I'm using a trackbar to show/control the position in the mp3 file. Once the file is playing a timer is set so that once a second I update the trackbar position. I would like however for the user to be able to change the position of the trackbar as well using sub trackbar_valuechanged.

What happens however is that when the timer event is triggered the trackbar_valuechanged is subsequently triggered as well because the trackbar value is changed programatically. The sub trackbar_valuechanged then reassigns fmod.position which causes a small tick in the audio playback.

Has anybody found the same problem?

Thanks

2. kolbe

kolbe Active Member Licensed User

OK!

Now to answer my own question... Using a global variable to keep track of the previous trackbar value I can reduce the effect. If the trackbar has changed significantly, the user moved the trackbar, only then do I change fmod.position. This works good enough.

3. cpc6128

cpc6128 Member Licensed User

kolbe,

one way of solving your problem would be to declare a global variable that your trackbar ValueChanged sub can use to differentiate a change made within the program from a change made by user input. In this example, the code in bar_ValueChanged only executes if the change DOES NOT come from Timer1_Tick:

Sub Globals
    Dim auto_change
    End Sub

Sub Timer1_Tick
    auto_change=true
    ' change bar.value here
    auto_change=false
    End Sub

Sub bar_ValueChanged
    If auto_change=false Then
    ' change fmod.position here
    End If
    End Sub

4. derez

derez Expert Licensed User

track bar

I had the same problem and decided to show the advance of the song by a progress bar, and allow the user to select a new point in the song by moving the track bar - but the track bar is not moving, only by the user:

Sub Timer1_Tick
    progressBar1.Value = fmod.Position / fmod.Length1 * 100
    end sub

Sub Bar1_ValueChanged
    fmod.Position = bar1.Value * fmod.Length1 /100
    End Sub

not ellegant but efficient...

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice