Android Question MQTT based app stopped suddenly

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Setup your own MQTT Server with B4J and the MQTT Library.

Upvote 0

kisoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
Setup your own MQTT Server with B4J and the MQTT Library.

VPS servers are the best for this - unfortunately, you have to configure everything yourself. It is not difficult, you will find many examples on the web how to do it ... This is how it is with free accounts, they work for a while and suddenly stop working ...

Upvote 0

Adamdam

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dear All,

Really many thanks for all you,
Thanks for your interest and help.

But I spent long time to find a way to install an open source MQTT blocker in my PC.
On the other hand I have hosting with shared server (them told me my account can't run MQTT).

I use "Xampp" as a local server, run on Widows ( that I'm not good knowledge with other OS. )

Kindly, Can you give me the way/steps to install open source MQTT blocker in my local host (XAMPP on Windows)

Best regards

Upvote 0

AymanA

Licensed User
I don't believe there is a relation between XAMPP and MQTT brocker.

XAMPP --> is like LAMP which is a web server - i haven't use it before so not sure what is its capabilities.

MQTT Brocker --> is a sw that work as server as messaging that have payload.

You need to install mosquitto Brocker on your PC - didn't try it bwfore on windows but i can see you can download it from:

If you would like to link the mqtt messages to ur website/webserver, i am not sure how to do that, but a very good tool that i can recommend you research at is https://nodered.org which also provide a dashboard that you can use directly.

Upvote 0