MsgBox Size

JdV

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello

I have encountered an issue with the size of the MsgBox window on Android 2.3.3 (see image attached). The same thing happens on my phone running Android 2.3.5.

On Android 2.2 it shows both lines of the message (see attached).

The screen I have the MsgBox appearing on has a scrollview which is 50dip shorter than the Activity.Height in order to make way for an AdMob panel.

Would any of these things have an effect on the MsgBox's appearance? What governs the size of the MsgBox? Is there a way around this issue that will work consistently on all versions of Android?

Regards

Joe

Attachments

• MsgBox 2.3.3.png
    MsgBox 2.3.3.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 275
  • MsgBox 2.2.png
    MsgBox 2.2.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 230

JdV

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've tried doing that with similar results (see attached).

This problem doesn't seem to occur if I write a simple app with minimal code, e.g.:
B4X:
Sub Activity_Create(FirstTime As Boolean)
   Msgbox("This message is now"&CRLF&"split over"&CRLF&"three lines.", "")
End Sub

Regards

Joe

P.S. It may just be an annoying quirk of Android 2.3.x! It seems similar to my post the other day regarding the second label in a listview not showing more than one line of text.

Attachments

• MsgBox 2.2 - 2.png
    MsgBox 2.2 - 2.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 195
  • MsgBox 2.3.3 - 2.png
    MsgBox 2.3.3 - 2.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 213
Upvote 0

CapReed

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!

I have the same problem with Android 2.3. However, when I try it with 4.0 the result is correct and there are numerous connections. I've also tried to create a panel to put a label but it is the same, the text is cut. I also tested with CLRF but still cutting the text.

How did you solved?

Thank you!

Upvote 0