My first 3D print, after assembly, with Anet A6

D

Deleted member 103

My first 3d printer Anycubic is dead.:(

Long live my new 3d printer Anycubic.:)
I just hope that the new one lives a little longer.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What was the cause of death?
Was it not worth repairing?

D

Deleted member 103

What was the cause of death?
Was it not worth repairing?
I think that the board is broken.
After selecting a file, the printer will always reboot.
I have already installed a new firmware, it did not help.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A new board would be cheaper than a new printer, no?

D

Deleted member 103

A new board would be cheaper than a new printer, no?
it may be, but i need it fast and i will get a new one in 4 days.
When I have time again, I am looking for a replacement board.

D

Deleted member 103

I contacted the Shop Gearbest and they give me, out of goodwill, $ 30 back (that's how much a new board costs).:)

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My first 3d printer Anycubic is dead.:(

Long live my new 3d printer Anycubic.:)
I just hope that the new one lives a little longer.

where have you bought it? hwo much does it cost? what do i need to get started with it?
can you give more info, i am interested in buying one for personal use.

thanx, ilan

D

Deleted member 103

where have you bought it? hwo much does it cost? what do i need to get started with it?
can you give more info, i am interested in buying one for personal use.

thanx, ilan
Hi ilan,

I bought the printer on AliExpress, here the link.
All you need is a CAD program to generate your data and convert it to STL format for the printer.
Here is a forum link that helped me a lot.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I hope to get an Anet A8 someehSom this summer. I love the fact that you get a raw machine and then "evolve" it to your liking

D

Deleted member 103

I hope to get an Anet A8 someehSom this summer. I love the fact that you get a raw machine and then "evolve" it to your liking
I never want to buy an Anet A6 or Anet A8 again, one is only tinkering around.
Today get a good part and tomorrow a worse again.

With Anycubic i3 Mega I produce since the purchase always the same quality, so always good parts.
Yes, Anycubic costs a little more than the Anet series, but the costs have long been amortized.

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
Still have my tevo tarantula and Tronxy x1. The x1 is gathering dust and I only print with the tevo now. The biggest thing for me was switching to printing on glass. WOW. I will only print on glass now.

Glad I did get the experience on building and learning because at this point I can repair - fix any printer but at times I wanted to toss it out the window!!!! o_O

Will be getting a 3rd printer this year but only because I want to print larger parts.

Amazing though that there are so many semi built printers now you can buy. When I bought my first one there where none in the sub $400 category.

D

Deleted member 103

The biggest thing for me was switching to printing on glass. WOW. I will only print on glass now.
I also printed on glass without problems with my anet A6, but for my parts the surface was too shiny.

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
I also printed on glass without problems with my anet A6, but for my parts the surface was too shiny.

Had that same issue with the glass being to shiny. I used a glue stick - hair spray for awhile but kept reading how some people would print without it. Finally figured it out. It was making sure I had leveled the printer correctly and I had to play with the temperature of the bed. In the end it was 65c for the bed. 60c would not work and 190c for PLA. Now I print on glass without any help of hair spray or a glue stick and it sticks perfect every time.

Took me about a year but I get great prints all the time now.

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User
Had that same issue with the glass being to shiny. I used a glue stick - hair spray for awhile but kept reading how some people would print without it. Finally figured it out. It was making sure I had leveled the printer correctly and I had to play with the temperature of the bed. In the end it was 65c for the bed. 60c would not work and 190c for PLA. Now I print on glass without any help of hair spray or a glue stick and it sticks perfect every time.

Oh I see what you are saying about the shiny surface. Yeah, glass does that.

D

Deleted member 103

Now I print on glass without any help of hair spray or a glue stick and it sticks perfect every time.

Once you try the Ultrabase from Anycubic, you do not want to try another surface.
Ultrabase is the best for me. :)